- What's On Your Mind?
- Love & Sex
- Relationship Issues & Advice
- Fooling Around
- Birth Control
- Being Single
- When Girls Like Girls
- STDs & STIs
- Take Our Sexy Survey Challenge!
- Your Life
- Your Body Issues
- Body Image
- Your Emotions
- Older Girls (18+, please)
- Younger Girls
- Money & Jobs
- Drugs & Alcohol
- Travel, Languages, & Pen Pals
- Your Pets
- Your Passions
- Shout Out a Story
- Fashion, Style, & Shopping
- Movies & TV
- The Internet, Gaming & Your Blogs
- Books & Magazines
- Politics, Current Events & Hot Button Issues
- Spirituality, Religion, Faith & Beliefs
- Your Art & Poetry
- Food & Recipes
- Tattoos, Piercings & Body Art
- Support & Recovery
- Eating Disorder Recovery
- Rape Support
- Suicide Support
- Cutting & Self Mutilation Recovery
- Depression Support
- Abuse Support
- Abortion Support
- Addiction Recovery
- Mental Illness Support
- Adoption Support
- Child Loss Support
- Ideas, Requests & Questions
- Avatar Requests
- Talk to the gURL Staff
- Siggy Test
We have boards about sports, and body image, and food... why not Health and Fitness? I have seen an increase in friends and strangers take interest in Health and Fitness, so, I feel having a board promoting positive fitness techniques and a better life style could be beneficial. Give us the motivation to get healthy as we sit on our butts at our computers. lol
I don't know if this is generally a good idea or not, but what about locking the more personal boards from anonymous people? I just think it's a privacy issue, I mean when I look at the masturbation board most posts have hundreds of views and I highly doubt they're from active users.
You could still keep other boards open just to show activity and other things, but I guess I just don't think certain boards should be available to the public.
Could there be a way you could add a little notification on the site to let you know and link you to a post you posted on when someone replies to it?
on the other board we had the "unread to me" button and it made it so easier to see who replied to you-
which brings me to another point..whenever you post to someone, your username is on the post but it doesn't tell who you are replying to like on the old boards.
i think me and all the other story board users could adjust much better with these two simple features. please please please add these features!
By the way I personally don't hate the changes to the boards, I welcome the change but I do think there are a few things that need work. And jist like when the boards were.changed before there was a huge uproar. I think a lot of people are worried that all of their posts may not be transfered over here.
Ps. Sorry if there are typos. I'm typing this on my cell phone...
I think that there should be a parenting board. I use to frequent the pregnancy board alot but since I am not pregnant at the moment and my daughter is 2 and a half I feel a little weird, like I don't fit in on that board anymore. This would be a good forum for all the mommy's who were on there that have giving birth and have older children
I think there should be a support Section for "Physically Challenged/Disable Gurls" because I am a user with a disablitiy and it will be great to meet other Gurls that are disabled and just be able to up lift and support each other. Thanks <3
There should be a "future/wishes/hopes/dreams" or something like that board. I know a lot of girls like to to think about their future and with their perfect relationship, family, pets, house, where they are living, wedding, careers etc. I was thinking about posting a topic asking gurls where they would like to live and talking about where I want to live but then wasn't sure where to post. I'm sure I could find a board though if I needed to but I just decided to suggest this anyhow.
is there a way to give those with personal computers the option to stay logged into the site? I think with the old layout and interface we were able to stay logged into our accounts on gurl even when we left the page or closed the window/program.. I personally find it a bit frustrating that I have to log in everytime I want to post something. the new site tends to log me out if I disconect from the internet for 20 minutes.
I registered on this site yesterday, I didn't know where I could introduce myself to the community. I want to post questions about sexuality but there is no section about it. I'm a boy, I'm curious about girl's sexual habits, etc. Can anyone help me?
K I'm not trying to be a jerk. I like Gurl, I'm not one of those people who hates change and freaks out every time there's a new layout.... But I seriously think this layout is terrible. At the same time, I know I have to live with it. But I can still at least make some suggestions, right? So I'm going to nicely say what I think needs to be changed. Gurl staff, please consider passing these notes along!
1. The italics aren't good. It would look cleaner and easier to read if the thread titles were not in italics. Italics should be reserved for more subtle use, not one of the main texts.
2. Why are the numbers so much bigger than the words? Good in theory, bad in execution.
3. As much as I liked knowing how many new posts there were in a thread in the old layout, in this layout it just adds to the jumble of numbers look. It adds to the clutter.
4. Having a colum for "hearts" is unnecessary and also adds to the jumbled number clutter. We can see how many 'hearts' a thread has by looking at the actual thread. If you can't think of a subtle way to show how well-liked a thread is on the main page, don't show it at all. Because all the columns of numbers is messy and annoying to look at.
5. I really don't think "top taggers" is a necessary thing to have there. I get "top hearted" and "most hearted authors" - this rewards threads and authors who are quality. But top taggers? First of all, many people don't give a crap about tagging on forums. But secondly, this is just another popularity contest. Tag to get on the top taggers to get more popular omgz!!! I don't like that concept, to be honest.
6. What's up with the color scheme on the text? We've got pink, purple, teal, red, grey... Can we pick two colors, three at the most, and stick with it? It doesn't even have a color scheme at this point, its just a bunch of colors thrown together.
And last but not least.... And this one is more a matter of personal opinion rather than something that I think would improve the functionality of the site...
7. HEARTS. Why do we need hearts anyway? Why do we have to be subjected to this froo-froo girly stuff? What's wrong with stars, like virtually every other website uses? We're girls so obviously HEARTS HEARTS HEARTS AND FLOWERS? Screw gender norms and stereotypes, man. I'm so sick of having that stuff shoved down my throat just because I'm a girl. I'd personally prefer something a little more gender neutral.
OH WAIT, one more thing!
You did all this and you STILL didn't add the ability to turn on/off a filter for swearing?!
K I'm done, lol.
Not sure if this has been suggested before but I had the idea of blocking someone completely. What I mean by that is instead of blocking someone and preventing them from messaging you privately, if you could prevent their posts from showing on the threads they've posted on. I don't know about anyone else but I've been infruriated by some people to the point where I don't even want to see their posts but you can't just delete someone of the site because you don't particularly like them or their views. I think this would be good since you can still debate or discuss things with the other users but you won't be able to see the blocked persons posts so it's almost like they don't exist to you anymore until you unblock them. No idea if this is possible but it was just an idea that came to me
I thought it was sort of useful. I liked being able to see what was just posted, and from there I could just go to the main thread. Why are you guys getting rid of it? I'm just wondering.
I'm incredibly interested in science and I have been for a long time... Only I don't know too many people in real life or here that are on Gurl. Is there any possibility we could have a board for science where we can talk about discoveries, personal projects, etc? I thought of it because of all the things going on in quantum physics (my preferred field) about challenging the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and the proposal of the Unified Theory of Dark Matter this week. I'm really hoping that somehow I can find people who are as interested in this as I am.
Since you don't reply to a single person anymore, who gets an email notification when you post in a topic? The person who created the topic? Or everyone that posted?
I feel like if you try to respond to a single person, they won't go back and look, and you won't hear back from them.
I liked how it was before, where you replied to one person, it made things more specific and organized.
I love how you can get awnsers to alot of your questions on this iste.. I also think that you should be able to express yourself through a journal or diary type thing. That way you can let others know your story.. Let others look into your life.. Just an idea I got when I was trying to find an online journal site.. )
Welcome to my.gurl.com!
Please poke around, post, have fun, and let us know every little thing you’re thinking about this place on our feedback boards.
Thanks for checking us out! (Insert awkwardly long hug here!) We heart you big time!
- gurlmod_keriy on: App
- gurlmod_keriy on: love at first sight?
- gurlmod_keriy on: Help please on my last topics i really need the he...
- gurlmod_keriy on: How can i do this?
- gurlmod_keriy on: HELP!! i really like this guy but...
ADD EFFIN ACCOUNT DEACTIVATI
- gurlmod_keriy on: Please delete my comment... like ASAP. Please!!!
- gurlmod_keriy on: Recent Posts and Topics
- gurlmod_keriy on: Please Delete My Account
- gurlmod_keriy on: Health and Fitness Board?