is this silly? Fighting with my boyfriend's parents

My boyfriend's parents and i are in i guess you can say argument?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years, and long story short I havent been a big fan of his mom at all, but always liked his dad however in April/May that dad said something very disrespectful and rude to me! and I was so upset that I told my boyfriend that I'm never going over to his house again because I am not comfortable being there and I pretty much hate his parents after the situatuion that happened between the dad and i.?

So it's been about 3/4 Months that I haven't been there and their parents are confronting my boyfriend how they feel like I'm taking his son away from them. Because i don't come over to the house anymore.?

My boyfriend understands that what happened wasn't right but they want to apologize for it. And honestly after 3 years of us being together they really crossed the line on the comment they said to me. I told my boyfriend that I'm not ready at all, and now he's kind of threathening me now that he won't be coming over to my house to hang out with me because he thinks it's "unfair and will make the situation worse" if he comes over.?

I'm literally so lost, on what to do...I've talk to my mom about it because she and my dad had the same situation where my dad's family and my mom didn't get along.

I'm very conflicted and i literally just have no one to talk to.?

Should i just give up and give in to my boyfriend...or just keep staying away

After 3 years you're unlikely to start suddenly liking his Mum, but it's his Dad's comments that are at the heart of this. Would the apology be sincere, and just as importantly are you willing to accept an apology and say 'OK all forgotten...it's water under the bridge now'. If you're not, then the problem won't have been properly solved, and the atmosphere between you and his parents will soon return to being as bad as ever.

If you go round, you're on their territory and almost outniumbered 3 to 1. You'll have little option other than to back down. I don't know how realistic this is, but I think I'd consider just meeting his Dad on neutral territory, a cafe or somewhere....and see if you can patch things up. If you can then great, but if not then it might be better to find that out separately, rather than at his parents house when all the pressure is on you to give in to what the majority want.

Good luck x?

undefined:
undefined

Thanks, i don't really know. I don't think i could realy forgive it and move on. I think it's the fact that I feel like that my boyfriend isn't even helping me frustrates me.?
When his dad made the comment to me, my boyfriend literally just sat there then told me that I handled the situation very well. i was so pissed off that he didn't say anything at all but just defended his dad.?
I understand that it's his dad...but still... i feel a little betrayed

i think i need all the luck that i can't

Reply to Thread