Serious Survey Question of the Day (June 2017)

So I have decided to start 2 different continuous threads. I know I myself and others on the board enjoy surveys. I also enjoy reading others responses mostly to surveys I create that being said it gets a bit boring or tedious to read through so many answers when there are so many questions. On this thread I will ask 1 "serious" i.e. personal, political, important, emotional, deep, mental, pressing topics so to speak once a day (or maybe every couple of days depends on what I have going on and how many others want to participate). I will add each new question to the original post but suggest only answering the most recent unless you really want to answer another question on the post just try not to do the whole month of questions in one comment! I want to do this to encourage longer answers and also conversations between participants about the current question and answers. Again these are more "serious" questions so if you are uncomfortable with any of the questions or part of the questions or answers feel free not to answer that day and please be respectful of others answers I'm not trying to create arguments just conversations! I hope that makes sense for now.... I will also probably start accepting suggestions for questions feel free to message me with your ideas :)

05/17/2017 What's the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
06/05/2017 What gives your life meaning?

05/17/2017?What's the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?

The one thing people always misunderstand about me is my quietness. I don't have a super great memory but I do remember even back in middle school and high school people would always make assumptions about how quiet I was. Back then they mostly assumed I was a goody two shoes who could possibly be a snitch and was going to run and tell teachers or adults if they were talking about something "bad" (drinking, smoking, drugs, sex, etc). When in reality I was also smoking weed and having sex and all that stuff too I was just smarter about it and kept myself out of trouble.

I've had people who were closer to me in high school and after high school who would assume I'm mad or they would know I was quiet and assume I would become more talkative over time. I never did though and it pissed some people off over time. Basically to the point where I just stopped having any friends. I didn't mind though. It would pretty much become a game people who were close to me would start asking me to say something anything just 2 words etc lol. Then my stubborness would kick in and I would make it more of a point not to talk at all I'm not someones puppet.

Along with being quiet I have a resting bitch face. So being a cashier at Walmart for over 2 years you can just imagine I had several customers assume I was being rude and would tell my supervisors. But my supervisors knew that was just they way I was nice and quiet. They would try and encourage me to talk more but it didn't really change they wouldn't fire me over it either because other than that I was the perfect employee.

My boyfriend will also think I'm giving him the silent treatment when I'm upset (that one might be partially true though especially after he makes a comment about me needing to shut up or whatever lol) but it is never like the petty exaggerated not talk to him for 3 days for no reason it is only a couple hours at the max for me to collect my own emotions and relax my own mind.

In reality I have always just been quiet. The text book definition of introvert. I especially hate small talk even saying Hello or Bye every time you come across or leave someone. I've also never cared about drama or hollywood bs that everyone else loves to talk about. I was always willing to have conversations with anyone at anytime as long as they are legit and at least somewhat meaningful conversations.?

This is a hard question, I need to think about it

I wouldn't say it's a misunderstanding, but more of a misconception.

I've been a member of my school's dance team for all 4 years. Dance team, being a spirit organization, usually carries the same images and stereotypes that cheerleaders have typically always had. (i.e; they're always very pretty but usually unintellectual, maerialistic, whiny and complain a lot, high on the social ladder and "mean" to anyone who isn't as high as them, always getting involved in drama, travel in huge packs of female friends, "jump" from guy to guy with sexual involvement, etc.)

I'm a senior- about a week away from graduating as a matter of fact- and this year was the year that most of my peers have finally come clean to me, saying things along the lines of "I've realized you're not like the other dance team girls" or "you don't seem like a dance team girl". I actually dated a guy this year who one day mentioned that he had always admired me from afar since we were freshmen, but he was "scared" to approach me because he knew I was a "dance team girl" and he had the assumption that I was "like the rest of them".

But if I had to put this in a sense of misunderstanding, I'd day that what people misunderstand about me the most is that I'm not defined as a person by the other people I work with (my teammates)

I think people misunderstand my sensitivity. I think people think I cry easily because I'm weak or I'm trying to use it to manipulate. I'm not. That's just my natural react to things that bring up a lot of emotion. I'm a very empathetic person and when I feel something and someone else doesn't feel it as strongly as I do or understand why I feel a certain way, it becomes incredibly frustrating and makes me cry. Or how I've just never really learned to communicate my thoughts and feelings without crying or getting upset no matter the situation. I've gone my whole life just agreeing with whpever is upset with me just to make them go away, so I've never really learned to stick up for myself.?

I think most people misunderstand my sensitivity and hyperactivity. I have ADHD so I process and react to things a bit differently. I've tried to explain to some of my classmates at school but some treat me very rudely. I've even overheard some people accusing me of acting hyper for attention. Ugh! :(

I think people misunderstand my quietness too, especially those in my class in school. I'm introvert too, not as extreme as you (I don't mean that in a bad way) while the rest are outgoing loud extroverts. I know that's not true for all extroverts but that's just how my class is. I don't like them. Any of them. They're shallow and will attack anyone who is different to them in any way, and think I'm beneath them because I listen rather than talk the whole time. They get onto me for speaking proper English instead of Irish slang and bad grammar and whatnot, and they all think I'm "posh". I will have you know I am in no way posh. I'm lazy, disorganised, smart, thoughtful, loyal and calm, NOT posh. Also, my mam is really strict so let's just say I don't go out very often. Or at all. And though I'm not naive, I still have a bit to learn about adult life. I don't drink, I've never smoked weed, I've never had a boyfriend, never done anything sexual. I go to school, come home, and that's it. The people in my class think I'm uptight and stupid because of this, even though (and I really don't mean this as a way to put them down) they're the ones who are dim. They don't understand how lonely my life can be with just one true friend who I love as a brother that I don't see too often. And even though I don't like them or want to be friends with them, it's still hard sometimes to be in school and not be accepted for who I am and what my life is. I don't have great social skills, considering I spent most of my childhood in the back arse of nowhere with no neighbours, which results in people thinking I'm incompetent. I fell out with two really good friends last August, and I really miss having a girlfriend. I guess the thing people don't understand about me is my life and the effect being alone most of the time has on me. Luckily I'm introvert so I do like my alone time, but sometimes the loneliness becomes too much and I go through my bouts of depression. I just want to be able to live, to have a life and experience new things and new people.?
I think this helped release a little steam.. :)

For me people what misunderstand is I am and always have been a "NATURIST / NUDIST"?
The lack of the real meaning of Naturism to many think it's a sexual thing, UNFORTUNATELY, some groups of people (adults) make a sexual thing of it and in so doing giving REAL NATURISM a bad name.
Angie XX

mariahddance - It's cool that you stuck with dance even with the stereotypes In our high school the cheerleaders weren't actually the pretty popular girls the preppy girls were on the volleyball/softball teams. Though really no matter what you do in high school it is everyones favorite thing to do to make jump conclusions and stereotypes.?

WaterBaby - I wouldn't say I cry easily and I try not to do it around other people but I do view crying as different than most people so I see where you are coming from. Normally I view it is a refreshing process it lets all the negative emotions flow out of my body with the tears basically lol. My boyfriend feels really bad when I cry mostly when it is something he says or does that sets me off but I try to explain to him that it is fine and I don't see it as a bad thing. It sucks that there is people who use it to make people feel bad for them/attention etc.

SkyeAngel03 - Yea if you have a diagnois or not kids in high school aren't going to understand or care to even try and understand. As I said earlier stereotypes and jump conclusions are some of high schools favorite things lol. Also saying or agreeing to stupid things that are said just so they fit in too. The good thing is high school is only 4 years and that kind of shit gets better after high school.

IAmHungry - I should have clarified that I wasn't smoking or having sex or doing anything like that until I was at least 18 years old but even before that I didn't care that other people were talking about it or doing it themselves. I also lived in BFE. I also still go through bouts of depression though even more back in high school when having friends and things "mattered".?

NatureGirl - I think it is just overall most of society see nudity as a sexual thing so they assume people who claim to be a naturist must just really be perverts lol. Not to mention the religious people who view anything sexual/nudity as sinful. I myself have an open view on nudity and anything sexual for that matter. I wouldn't neccessarily want to live nude (mostly in this climate and even more so in this society) but I have no problem with nudity. I used to send my boyfriend and even other random strangers (was a cam girl for a minute too) naked pictures of myself and I know most people are worried about blackmail or what if someone you know/family see it but I don't care if anyone I knew saw it because it is just nudity lol if that makes sense which it probably will to you.

06/05/2017?What gives your life meaning?
Sheesh this one is admitaly profound lol though probably not near as much or at least near as dark as the other question I thought of posting today (still might post it another day).

I'm a proud atheist and in believing that we aren't here for any actual reason, life is pointless (not in a negative way), we are essentially a lucky mistake etc. I have to give my life meaning and a positive meaning at that because if it weren't positive life really wouldn't be worth living I guess. (Even as I type my answer I'm fumbling between thoughts of personal day to day material things that keep me going and then the more profound life meaning answer so I will split my answer with both of these thought strands feel free how to answer this question how you want)?

In the day to day it would be my own animals (especially my dogs Kida and Milo), the animals I work with at the shelter, my boyfriend and our home, my family etc. As well as the simple life enjoyments like reading, writing, arts and crafts, even sitting watching tv, the internet and music at least sometimes (not as obsessed with music as a lot of other people it depends on my mood).?

On a more profound note I would say I enjoy the postive emotions and experiences of life and not only do I enjoy them I hope for others both humans and other animals to enjoy them as well. So I think activism for anything positive is important. Veg*nism, Animal Rights, Human Equality, Environmentalism, Seperation of Church and State, Weed Legalization lol etc. I love the variety of life and pretty much live and let live if what you enjoy doing doesn't actually hurt another living being in the process than so be it you do you and I will support you being you! I enjoy the hopes of a better future and want to help making it that better future basically. :)

I guess that wasn't too bad and it didn't cause me to ramble to much...?

Hiya Selina I know exactly what you mean about nude pix. But it is when they are shown?to anyone out?of the original context is when problems can start.
Take Care You And Yours
Angie X

undefined:
undefined

@Naturegirl: Angie youre so right. Naturism/nudism is nothing sexual, its just a lifestyle... like veganism. And i prefere the word naturism over nudism because it says what it is - being nude is just natural. Nothing more, nothing less. And I love feeling natural.

*Bumping to the first page due our lack of mods and excess of spammers and trolls*

I think a great many people misjudge my affectability and hyperactivity. I have ADHD so I process and respond to things a bit in an unexpected way. I've attempted to disclose to some of my cohorts at school yet some treat me inconsiderately. I've even caught a few people blaming me for acting hyper for consideration

What gives your life meaning?

I think mostly it's the people that I share my life with.? My parents, family, friends...they have all contributed to making my life what it is and helping me along the way when I am down, and making me feel like I matter and have a purpose.? My parents have cared for me and raised me to be the woman I am...and in due time, I want to be a mother.? I want to care for my children and be an example for them.? I want to be a wife, and love and care for my husband (or wife...you never know).? I guess I just want to share the good things I have been given and experience in my life with everyone else....so that they too might have the same.

Reply to Thread