I struggle with being bisexual

I struggle so much with being bisexual, I am sure that I am attracted to both genders, I would have no problem being with a guy or a girl. I've been having these feelings for a long time now and I am sure that I'm not going through a phase. When I tried to come out to my Mother, she shot me down and told me that I am going through a phase. Its been too long to be just a phase, I am so afraid that no one will accept me because of it. In the lgbt community there is a lot of bi hatred coming from lesbians. I have watched videos of lesbians saying straight up that they wouldn't date a bisexual because 'they cant pick a side', what about if I like both sides and can't choose? I'm afraid to bring a potiental girlfriend out with me and hold hands with her as I don't want her to face being catcalled or insulted by strangers and I don't want my sexual orientation to be presumed just because I am with a boy. I finding it really difficult to face who I am.?

I also identify as bisexual and when I came out to my mother she did the exact same thing to me.
Like you pointed out there's a lot of stigma involves with being bi, and it's just not right. All you can do is surrounded yourself with people who care about you and respect you and who you are.

I've always considered myself pansexual (or bi) I've never found it necessary to really "come out" to anybody about it though I've also never done anything with or been in a relationship with another female before so I haven't been confronted about it either. I wouldn't be afraid to tell anyone either and if they don't believe me or want to have their own opinions so be it they aren't the ones living my life. I'm currently in a commited long term relationship with a man so. Find someone who makes you happy and who you love and you make them happy and they love you that is all that matters. Labels don't matter so try not to stress over them or what other people think of the labels you give yourself.

Reply to Thread