It's Been A Minute

Yo

Honestly I creep on the boards every now and again but I haven't really been active. Looking at my recent comments I made 1 in September but haven't really been active since at least June! Where the hell does time go? I know the boards seem to be dying by the day and from a few posts I've read it seems like a number of fake profiles possibly by the same people though I didn't want to call anyone out since I haven't been active enough to really say that. Feel like I'm getting a little too old for these boards (24!) maybe lol but I feel like talking about some random things already made a couple of posts about music and shows etc.

Always still feel free to message me about anything or add me as a friend. I'd say I'm a pretty realistic, non-judgemental, open etc. Not afraid to talk about anything even things that most people would consider embarassing, rude, gross, intimate etc. though I only talk about those subjects if the person talking with me wants to know or wants to talk about it lol.?

undefined:
undefined

Hiya Selina how are you good to hear from you. and you should "creep" onto the boards more often, as am sure you have lots of helpful advive so I look forward to readingyour posts.
And as for fake profiles I came accross @jenni17 that has made nine identical posts in verious threads that do not reply to the question being asked. But the posts inclued a link to a site that TRACKS you so I posted a reply to all the posts to tell everyone to be careful.
And I have also a lot of new members No Profile details with very long 1st or 2nd posts they usually have?a user name and two numbers,
Meaby am just being paranoid?but they just dont look right to me.
Take Care?

XXX

Angela I don't think you are being paranoid most of the time new profiles that make post with links even if they have a story before that link it is just trying to get traffic to that link either to collect information, collect money, ad money, spam, malware, etc. Though I'm also talking about a group of profiles that all have general usernames with little or no profile information, some of them have profile pictures most of them only have 20-30 posts, all responding to each other with similar short ditzy sexual sounding responses haha. Like I said I might not be around enough and maybe thats just how most young teen girls type now but it is just my suspisions.?

Hey girl, I just started being active again too after a bit of a hiatus.
The boards are definitely not the same anymore, full of creeps and trolls for sure, but I've been trying to respond to one's that seem genuine.
Good to see a familiar "older gurl" face, btw you aren't too old lol i am 25!!!

Things seemed to be improving a bit when NocturnalMistress was given moderating powers.
But she seems to have abandoned us and now the spam and obvious fake profiles are out of control.

Hiya Eveyone I Agree with Fiona There dont seem to be ANY Administrators or Moderators in these fourms?
Whats going on.as the fourms are going down hill fast.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP AND GET THE FORUMS BACK FOR THE REAL AND DECENT MEMBERS..
WHO AGREES ???
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE, TAKE CARE
ANGIE XXX

If I could become a moderator I would, I have never been able to get a response out of anyone and have emailed them more than once about it.

undefined:
undefined

Try messaging them on tumblr. That's how I got into contact with them so they'd reply to NM's emails. If you don't have one, I'd gladly send them another message for you.

Angela you are not the only one got no responce,?
Another member posted on the TALK TO THE GURL STAFF AND NO REPLY i ALSO FLAGED U P ABOUT 6 O7 7 OPSTS WITH NO REPLY.
ANGELA XXX

ELLA ? I and others would just like to find out what is going on here ??
Angie XXX

This board has basically been abandoned by the original staff, probably because no one gets paid to moderate it. So there's not much incentive to keep it up. I think the actually site is still running because it's sponsered or something. I dunno, I dunno how it works. But anywho, in a nutshell, mods keep abandoning it. And while it looks like NM has left since she hasn't been on it a month, we don't know if something personal has happened to her or not. She could be dealing with a family emergency, or just any number of things, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. I do think, though, it'd be a good thing to have more than one mod, so if Angela wants me to message them on tumblr if she doesn't have one herself, I'd gladly do so.

Angie, your flags aren't going to be seen because there are no active moderators.

I am currently on vacation but when I get home I think I will create a Tumblr and start messaging their page, thanks for the offer Ella.
I really think the owners priority is just on the regular gurl page and they are IMO pretty generic and stupid articles anymore. I have been on here for a long time and the original gurl page had so much useful information (oh and the cartoons!!) and the boards were POPPIN! I miss those days. This site has such huge potential but it is being wasted.

Thanks Angela the sooner its its sorted the better, As the site is getting over run with FAKES ?Well Done.:)
Angie XXX

Hmmm. ?Well I know I'm just the new girl on the block, but a few of you will have already seen my thread posted to the so-called staff Ref. Common Courtesy.
Like the rest of you I'm at a complete and total loss as to what direction to go in next.
I have though been wondering whether there is perhaps a plan in place to run the forum into the ground and then sell it, although it would be far more advantageous to put it up for sell now, whilst there is still a small amount of traffic.
It surely must be possible to find out who the actual owners are.

undefined:
undefined

@Kaylyen ?Thanks for your support about whats happening in the site. :)
XX

Honestly forums/boards just aren't the way for people to connect on the internet anymore so no one is going to put time/money/effort etc into mainting them were actually lucky the board exists at all anymore the other board I used a lot as a young teenager was the peta2 boards and they pretty recently I think within the last year completely took that part of the website down D: boo...

I do agree that if you get in contact with the owners maybe we can set up a few of us to be mods that way in times some of us go inactive someone else would still be around... I'd be willing to be a mod even though I'm pretty lenient on a lot of things

Reply to Thread