What should I do if I'm pregnant?

Alright, so I'm 14 (about to be 15 in January) and sexually active. I've used a condom every time I've had sex (so far) and I'm not pregnant. I want to get the birth control implant because I don't want to get an IUD or anything or take pills bc I already know that wouldn't work out because I don't take my meds that are supposed to be daily on a regular basis. I don't know how to ask my parents for the implant because they don't know I'm sexually active and want me to wait to have sex until I'm married and our insurance doesn't cover birth control other than pills unless a doctor determines that pills aren't fit for the situation. I just have this feeling that I'm going to get pregnant as a teenager. I know people are going to tell me to stop having sex, but I'm not going to do that. And I have no idea how I should tell my parents if I were to get pregnant because they're really conservative and would be really mad at me. Sorry this is kind of a bunch of shit jumbled into one post.

Do you have a school clinc? Some teens are able to get birth control pills from there without their parents knowing. Teen clincs? Those work as well. If you're worried about pregnancy and your parents kicking you out because you do get pregnat and/or want on birth control try making sure you have a friend or family member to live with just on the off chance they kick you out. Also try talking to a school counseller,teacher or other adult about this and maybe they can help you out.?

I have a school clinic, but I doubt they have any birth control. I don't really have a way to get to a Planned Parenthood center or anything bc I can't drive yet and Idk anyone that my parents would trust to take me somewhere that wouldn't tell my parents. My parents probably wouldn't kick me out if I got pregnant, but they would be very disappointed in me and wouldn't support me. My school doesn't have a counselor either.

I would honestly talk to your mom about it and just be truthful with her. Tell her you want to practice safe sex and take care of your body and be responsible. I feel like if you use positive words and affirmations like that it could make her see the situation a little differently.?

Talk to someone you trust.

I think you should talk to your parents first

well you have a few options:?
1. first you need to get a appointment with a gynocologist office. If you dont want to talk to your parents about that kind of thing i get it honestly, but im not gonna influence you to not talk to them but anyways. If you dont want to talk to them you should say youre going somewhere like the movies or something that way you would have time to go and they dont have to know. And make sure its a person you really really trust.?
2. If you do in fact get pregnant you need to make sure its lgegit by going to the doctors, yk you cant always trust home pregnancy test.?
3. If you and your boyfrined do want to take responsibility for the baby you should do it, as long as you can support it.?
4. Unfortunately If you feel you cant support a child and you arent ready for it you could do 2 things. you could look into giving the baby up for adoption there is always plenty of people who are trying to get babies because they cant have one themself.?
5. And lastly, there is the last option and a lot of people obviously aren't fond of but if you want to you can. You could get a abortion, Preferable BEFORE 5 or 6 weeks, thats when the fetus heart beat should start and a lot of people belive if you have an abortion after this time it is murder. Before the 5-6 week mark the fetus hasn't had time to become a life form its basically a bunch of cells forming together.?
Im sorry thats a lot but i think every girl should know her options. Also if you end up having the baby and soon after you decide you dont want the baby you can leave the baby in a Safe haven box, its a lot better than just leaving the baby at the hospital or at a fire station. but please be precaustions about this?

Reply to Thread