Confused

As far as I can remember, I've always liked guys (I am currently 18). I mean, I noticed that girls were pretty but thought that came from admiration for them instead of attraction. However, this spring one of my friends mentioned that she thought one of the girls at our school was hot and I was like, yeah whatever. After that however, I started to notice her more and realized she is really hot and I am definitely attracted to her (pretty much in the same way as when I have a crush on a guy). I don't know if it's just her and if my noticing that other women are attractive is normal or if I've always been partially attracted to women but didn't realize or understand it due to my conservative upbringing. As you can tell, I'm pretty confused so some help would be much appreciated. ?

That's perfectly normal. Your sexual identity and orientation can change over time, and sometimes a different environment can affect it. Maybe you were bi all along and didn't know til now.

I wouldn't stress. Your sexual orientation isn't going to change who you are. It's really not as big a deal as people think.

I've always thought of myself as straight and never thought twice about it. One of my girlfriends talks about other girls a lot and maybe that's influenced me, Idk. Anyway we got into some stuff that I wouldn't have even considered in the past. Am I just maleable??

undefined:
undefined

I don't think anyone really knows what they are and if they do great for them. Life is about exploring things and trying to see if they fit. I wouldn't stress myself about this, your friend has just presented an idea to you that you havent considered yet. I would take the time to just sit back just think yourself about how you feel. I hope this helps xx -C

Why does it matter? What do you want? Do you want to be bisexual or heterosexual? If you feel attracted to girls sometimes but want to only date guys, then only date guys. If you want to date girls, then that's your decision, but why the confusion? You can decide to be who you want to be. Life's a mystery to us all...I don't think anyone really understands why they're attracted to who they are attracted to. It's a mystery, although scientists say it has to do with pheremones...either way, we don't really have much control over feelings, but it's up to you how you respond to them. You can decide who you want to date, no matter who you are attracted to. I don't think anyone's really figured out yet the mystery of attraction, so I don't think you're going to, either (unless you happen to be the genius who figures it out! lol).?

A friend of mine had a similar issue. She had a boyfriend and they had a happy sexual relationship. But she was interested in girls too. I have seen her browsing through bisexual dating network sites and lesbian videos. Her boyfriend is not aware of this. She is also confused about her sexuality.

It seems you're looking for ways to label yourself. Screw labels. You are what you are and interested in what interests you. It doesn't have to be all encompassing and generalized. It can be individualized or whatever. You don't need to classify anything, life is too chaotic for that.

Reply to Thread