Is my friend bi-curious?

I'm in high school and I'm not sure if my friend (call her A) is straight, bisexual, or maybe bi-curious. My guess is straight because she's shown interest in guys but that could just be a cover. I'm bisexual (but still in the closet), and I don't know why, but my gaydar pings just a little bit with my friend A. That's why I'm finding it hard to think she's straight because I think she's into me, but I don't know if I'm just flattering myself. So in my friend group (including A, and my other friends B and C), it's like a running joke where we take ugly pictures of each other and Snapchat them. B, C, and me usually take pictures of a mix of everyone but it seems like A is always taking pictures of me and not really anyone else (not in a creepy way, like I said, it's a joke). We are both #1 best friends on Snapchat. Also, A is always laughing at my jokes even when they're not funny and she constantly makes eye contact. When I got my hair cut, I thought I saw A's pupils dilate (a sign of attraction) but it was probably just a trick of the light or something. She said "love you" before, but I knew it was just platonic because I had made her a "happy birthday" post on IG. When B, A, and I had a sleepover at A's house, her mom had set up a pull out couch bed (for 2 people) and an air mattress (for 1 person) on the floor. When I said I'd sleep on the air mattress and that A and B could take the pull out couch, A had the slightest look of disappointment on her face. In one class, when we partner up, A always tells the other girl that she "calls" me so I can partner up with A instead of partnering up with the other girl. A usually seems to connect more with me in a group setting and talks to me, but I'm not sure if that's it's because we have a lot in common. When A and B had a sleepover together and went to the middle school basketball game together, A mentioned both times how fun it would've been if I was there. A is my lab partner in science and we talk about how excited we are to do labs. She says she's straight, though. (Well she doesn't say the words "I'm straight" in conversation because it never comes up in normal conversation. What I mean is she likes guys but that could mean bisexual, bi-curious, or just a fa?ade.) A is very pretty, but I don't want to be in a relationship with her because I value our friendship too much. So is she just being friendly? We are best friends, after all. Or is it something more? Please help!?

Hmm, I still consider myself bicurious although I'm almost certain I'm bisexual (I'm waiting until I'm entirely sure, though all signs seem to point to it). Your friend sounds a little like me in terms of how she acts around you and how I act around girls I find attractive and may be in the process of developing a crush on. I've never really mentioned liking girls to any of my friends, but I talk about boys rather frequently. My guess is she's at least a little bicurious and could have some form of feelings for you, but she could possibly be in denial about them. I would let it be and not do anything about it unless you are interested in her.

Reply to Thread