Coming out?Labels?

So my mom sat me down and asked me if liked boys and/or girls. I told her that I'm attracted to both. Since that conversation I've debated if I like boys, I'm definitely more attracted to girls. I also typically like girls my age and boys slightly older. I don't I would ever want to even have sex with a boy. But I don't even know if I really need a label. Whenever I refer my sexuality I usually say I'm gay or queer. To me these can both be umbrella terms, but I'm more comfortable saying that I'm queer.

If you're comfortable saying you're queer, then that's fine! You can't choose who you're attracted to, but you can choose whatever label suits you best. (For instance, if you're a girl attracted only to other girls you could choose "lesbian," "gay woman," or "queer," since "bisexual" or "pansexual" wouldn't work cause you're not attracted to boys.) You sound like you're a teen, I mean I am too, but I'm pretty sure of my label (bisexual), so you can stick with queer for now if it suits you and you feel comfortable, but if later in life you feel "lesbian" suits you best, then no problem! (I'm pretty similar actually. Although I'm quite sure I'm bisexual, I do prefer girls if I had to choose,, but I could still have sex with a boy.) Good luck!?

My sexual identity is undefined at best. I have leanings toward both but I sometimes feel this more intensely than others. But the bottom line is that I don't need to label it. Hopefully it'll all become clear as I get older. I don't care, it is what it is.?

Reply to Thread