Lonely

I'm 17 now and I've never been in a relationship. Honestly, that hasn't really bothered me, but for the past year or so, I've been really lonely. I was in love with a boy in my class for 4 years but now I realise how much of d*ckhead he is. I miss the feeling of getting butterflies when I saw him and being excited to see him. I want that with someone now, I want to feel wanted and for someone to just want to hug me and want me to be there. I kind of like my best friends best friend but after August I'm not gonna see him again since I finished school and he's got one year left (we don't really talk and I'm not on social media). My friends birthday is next month and he's going. It's just gonna be 4 or 5 of us in his living room but I want something to happen between me and him (not like sex or anything, I barely know him :) )?
Any tips on how to feel less lonely?

don't feel lonely. you can't wallow, and it sounds like thats what youre doing. celebrate things you do like, or? hobbies you have. relationships are just one portion of life, and there are many many more. do things you love and don't focus of loving someone. that will come when it should. if you want something to happen at this party, try sitting by him and making conversation. if it goes well, ask for his number and continue talking. flirt maybe, sit close and touch him subtly. but if nothing happens, dont beat yourself up! you'll find love eventually, and until then just be happy about other aspects of your life.

i can't stop you feeling lonely with a few words, but can tell you things change all the time and you are only 17! you have so much life ahead of you, you are going to be euphorically happy and crushingly sad many many times - it sucks, but it happens to us all to varying degrees.
do more things that you like doing, just get out and have fun, and inevitably you'll bump up against someone you like, whether it's the love of your life, or a friend, or just someone to enjoy being with for a while. you are only limited by your own determination and actions - if you sit at home moping, nothing will happen!

Reply to Thread