Guys never chat me up in public

I am 21 years old and never been in a relationship before or dated. In good shape (5'6 and weigh 125 pounds). I want to start dating and people tell me that if I want dates, I should go out more. So, I did try to go out more. I don't go to bars or clubs and I have not tried online dating.

I sometimes would go to coffeshops. I joined a few organizations in college. Frequently go to the library or barnes and nobles to study. I have sat next to, sometimes, a cute guy on the same flight as me. The problem is that men never seem to want to chat me up and they never ask me out. I think of starting a conversation myself but they seem disinterested in me or they ignore me like I don't exist or don't acknlowdge me so I don't even try to approach or talk to them. Additionally, I feel like almost every boy I see is always on their phone and not looking around them.

I don't think I am ugly but I feel as if many men might find me unattractive (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) because guys rarely approach me or start a conversation with me. Don't get me wrong, I have been approached only twice and called beautiful before (but this happens very infrequently, maybe two/three times a year) but only by men older than me who already have children or men I am not interested in. I I just feel like something is wrong with me if I cannot attract many men 'in person' and have guys actually want to get to know me. I don't know what do to about my dating life and would greatly appreciate any advice.

Well it depends on the way you are outside. Do you cross your arms? Do you seem not to want people to approuch you? It is all in the body language. If girls are confident it, will draw boys to you as they like confident girls. If you seem like a person they can't approuch they won't talk to you even if you are the most beautifulest person in the whole world. Confidence is key. Why not surprise them and stat the converstation? Ask about the book they are reading, ask him whats his favourite colour ect. But if he makes obvious signs that he doesnt want to make converstation, not to worry there will be others.

I have the same problem as you do. I have two friends, M & D.. who "miss me", want to hang out with me and when I start showing interest they drop me.?
In public, I have only had one person ask for my number, I go out and I do put myself out there, I just don't know what to do anymore. Its been a while since I've had a relationship. ?This is me, just venting.?

wear glasses wear a Parker fold arms and bop

You need some icebreakers like:
On the street, ask for directions, a good coffeeshop or whatever
In the library, ask for a pen
Wear something sexy, that you feel comfortable in
Smile

Reply to Thread