Should I go on Birth Control?

Hi! I?m a college student living about six hours away from home. For this reason i only see my boyfriend (who studies back home) about once a month for two to three days. I?ve never been on birth control but I'm been sexually active for about 3 years (I had a boyfriend for 2 years and I've recently began to have sex with my current one).? My question is: Is it a good idea to get on traditional birth control like the pill since I see him so little and I?m really forgetful so it?s totally possible I forget to take it or should I insert a ring? How safe are such rings? Of course I always use condoms but I've had several scares and I just want to make sure I'm completely protected as I?m still in school and cannot take care of a baby.

Thank you sooo much for your advice,
?

If you fear you'll miss some pills, definitely try another form of bc. Missing just one will put you at risk if you have unprotected sex after. You'll need to replace it every month, so don't forget about that. You can also get an IUD, which is what I have, and you won't have to worry about it for 5-10 years. There's also the implant, shot, and patch that you could try. You may also need to try a few different methods, because every body reacts differently and you need to fond the one that's right for you.

you could always set reminders if you're forgetful. but personally I dont see how you could forget as the fear of getting pregnant is a pretty stressful thing

I have the nexplanon. It goes in your arm and is active for 3 years. You could always try the depo shot as well. I love BC because I dont have a period and i never worry about getting pregnant. I would encourage all women who don't want an unwanted pregnancy to get on birth control.

I always used to forget too.

I have had an IUD since June of this year. No problems I can't handle, the best sex ever and now almost no period.?

Reply to Thread