Need some advice!

So, I'm talking to this guy, we'll call him L, who is good friends with a friend of mine. The first time we met was at my birthday party. He was pretty nice and cool, but I never really thought much about him. A few weeks later he added me on Facebook, but he never said anything.

Earlier this month, around July 4th, he randomly messaged me out of the blue. We've been talking almost every day since then and we even video chat with each other sometimes. He's really nice, can sing and play the guitar (which is cool because I play the guitar too), and he's always there for me when I'm feeling stressed/tired. I don't get the vibe that he's super into me, and don't get me wrong, I'm not super into him either. I really just want to take things slow and really get to know him.

So, my question is, how do I progress our conversations so that I can learn more about him and who he is as a person? I feel like all we talk about is what we did/are going to do for the day, how work was, and that's it. It's the same thing every day and I'm not learning anything about who he is as a person. I used to think talking online to someone was so much easier, but now I realize that I would rather talk to him in person D:

Maybe make it like part of a game. You can each ask each other 5 questions. Message the questions to each other if it's easier,and after you've had time to think what you'd like to ask. Then that might lead into discussing the answers and more stuff about each other in your future video chats,and not just the same stuff as now.

Focus on his feelings. See if you can find out what he's really feeling. Plus, open up to him a little, which may help encurage him to open up in return.

You can always ask him the casual things like family, friends, birthday etc directly. No issues with that. But if you want to ask him more personal stuffs then you would have to be more close to him.?

Reply to Thread