What do I do to keep my relationship intact?

Hi everyone,
So I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now and we live together. After a few months of us dating I developed some medical issues. With these issues it makes me severely tired and everyday is a struggle. With this I have a hard time fulfilling his sexual needs. I'm always too tired or in too much pain. He suggested that I let him have someone purely for his sexual needs and still be loyal to me. Immediately I said no but after thinking about it I question if I am being selfish. He said that he has sexual needs. It has almost been a year since we have been able to do anything. Am I doing the right thing?

Hard to say. Everyone is different. Relationships don't have to fit in a box and be a certain way. The best relationships are dynamic, flexible, adaptable, -- it's like a journey down a river, you can try and adjust where you are going, but ultimately the river decides.

Let the relationship go wherever it wants to go. Maybe try the Headspace app. Some short 10 minute breaks of guided meditation mindfulness can clear away confusion and let the answer come to you.

Hope your medical issue improves. (Sounds like depression or maybe chronic fatigue syndrome.)

Love doesn't need sex, and sex doesn't need love. It's nice when they go together. They're also fine apart.

(I'm not trying to sell Headspace. There are many free apps for guided meditation. I happen to like the short videos that explain the concept.)

Yeah it's chronic fatigue syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and ITP.

Reply to Thread