He only wanted to hook up

So a couple of weeks ago the guy that I liked told me he liked me too. I was so happy. Last friday night he invited me down to his dorm room to watch a movie. Everything was fine until after the movie. He told me that he liked me, but that he doesn't want a relationship, he just wants to be "friends with benefits". It shattered my heart. I feel so worthless and depressed. He hasn't even reached out to see if I am ok. I don't know the best way to go about getting over heartbreak. Any advice??

Yikes. So, one thing I should point out, it sounds like you're in college, you're at the age where sexual exploration is quite common. This also probably won't be the last FWB request you get during yout time. This doesn't necessarily mean that guys are looking at you as merely a vagina or sex object, just that this is a good time to explore and see what you like before taking things serious. I don't think that he expected asking something like that to come with as heavy a reaction. How did you react btw? Did you tell him that you were looking for a relationship, and not a FWB? I think a good thing is to be honest with him and, while you are hurting, just be aware that it's not because he devalues you as a person, and it's better that he was upfront with you from the start than leading you on, isn't it?

I forgot to mention that he did lead me on. He acted like he wanted a relationship and stuff. Like he would hold my hand and mess around with me and it was really cute. When he told me I almost said okay because I wanted him to like me, but then I told him that I'm not that kind of girl. He told me that he still wanted be my friend, but he hasn't made any effort. Today I saw him on campus, and he didn't try to talk to me. It just hurts.?

it's a good thing that you didn't give in just so he could like you if that's not wht you want. Especially since he stopped talking to you, I'd rule him out as a lost cause at this point in time. There are plenty of other guys to meet in college, and in life.

In the meantime, go ahead and process your emotions, but don't forget to practice self care and focus on your studies.

The best advice I can give you is to not take it personally. He wanted to have sex with you but didn't see the value in you as a person. His loss! You'll find someone new who likes YOU and not just your body.?

The best way to get over heartbreak?is to keep busy. Learn something new or join a club so you don't have time to wallow and soon you'll realize you're over him.

Reply to Thread