I'm happy, why aren't you?

So I recently got a new boyfriend, and he is an amazing guy. Sweet, straight arrow, amazing grades, good looking, and no bad sides. (I checked.) Except all my (male) freinds will not stop complaining. And some of them I realize are jealous, but they are downright making me feel guilty about being with this guy but I love him and hes amazing. Should I call them out? I mean I get that it's my right to be happy and they are just being dicks but... why are they doing it? Because I know for a fact some of them aren't jealous. Why can't they be happy for me instead of dragging me down??

right, so I'm not a psychologist or can pretend to be one, so I'm not going to go over the potential reasons why. If you aven't already, just ask. If they give you a broad, bullshit reason, tell them it's a broad bullshit reason.

Of course call them out on it. let them know that, at the end of the day, your relationship is between you and the guy you're dating, not them. And UNLESS they're willing to give you CONSTRUCTIVE feedback or concerns, they need to keep quiet about it.

I agree wholeheartedly with OmgItsRira. Call them out and ask pointed, specific questions as to their reasons. They can't sneak around the answers when you stick it to them and demand to hear their viewpoint. If they're not jealous, it would be good to know what they're thinking. Do they know something you don't? Best to get to the bottom of it and get some answers.

Reply to Thread