Need Help Breaking Up With My Boyfriend

I've been dating this guy for about 2 years now. These last couple months, I've been feeling like I want out of the relationship. I love him and I do care about him, but I don't think I want to be with him for the rest of my life. I feel awful because I know how much he ?cares about me, and I almost feel like I'm being stupid wanting to leave someone who probably loves me more than anyone else. It makes me really sad to think about, but I don't feel crazy about him like I used too. I've been distant and kind of cranky around him because of how I feel. We got into a fight the other day and I saw it as an easy way to possibly break up, but he called me apologizing and saying how much he loved me, and he said how he's been feeling sucidal lately. That last part really scared me. I couldn't bring myself to break up. If he commited suicide because we broke up, I don't know what I would do. He said the combination of his work being stressful and me acting so distant, he has felt horrible. He doesn't have any close friends, and I would be leaving him all alone. I just can't bear the hurt that I would be causing him. Any advice on how I should handle this situation? I really don't know what to do.?

Reply to Thread