Kinda confused??

HI OK quickly to the topic-
So it happens that every summer I travel to France for a month to be with my dad, and around 6\7 years ago I met this kid, whom I thought was pretty cute but not really in a crush way. 3 years later, he tells me he likes me, and I, not knowing what to do, just said 'I like you too'. But, since I live in a different country, it didn't last. This summer, we decide to have a little sleepover at the beach, and we end up making out.
My main problem here is, do I actually like him?
I'll admit, before the beach, I remember thinking to myself that 'if we didn't kiss, it wouldn't have been quite worth it', and it is in all honesty, the first time i actually 'checked out' a guy's body. But would one really call this a crush? We live pretty far away, and I certainly didn't spend my days thinking about him, whereas, since what happened, I do. But I know what it is to have a crush, and this somehow doesn't exactly sound like one? I mean, there are no butterflies, but then again, I haven't seen him since what happened, guess I'll see next time haha.
How can I know, now relating to people in general, if it's a crush, slightly more than a crush, or something a bit more than friend but not quite crush?...

Well do you miss him? Do you wish you could be around him all the time or most of the time? Are you looking at other guys or focused on him? You will know if you like him (I mean like-like) because you will think about him a lot and miss him and imagine being with him a lot, in a positive way. It doesn't matter if you didn't like him before until he got your attention that is normal, the question is just do you feel that way about him now?? And what are your ages??

I'm 16, he's 17 (same year though), and yeah I do think about him all the time and I do like him and feel happy when he's around, but not butterflies-in-my-belly kinda happy, so I'm wondering if it's just a really good friend and I'm making a mistake or if it's really something

Sometimes liking someone doesn't always mean that you'll get the butterflies-in-your-belly kind of feeling. Liking someone can also give you a secure and safe feeling. It can also give you an overwhelmingly happy feeling. I guess my advice would be to really think about your guys's relationship. I agree with ShellyB that it's okay to start feeling this way?after?the kiss and everything. He caught your attention and now you have to figure out what you want to do. I think that there's no such thing as making a mistake. I think you should talk to him and see where your relationship goes. No amount of thinking about it will help you determine if you like-like him. Just talk to him, tell him you want to get to know him better and see where your relationship goes. If it doesn't work out and you realize that you want to just stay friends, then tell him that. There's nothing wrong with that and who knows, you might end up acutally liking him.

Reply to Thread