Humping

So I just read that this actually a habbit of some pets and I've personally never had a pet but would freak out if it was doing this. Does anybody have experience with their pets humping things such as you, pillows, other dogs, etc?

My friend's dog will hump anything that stays still long enough. I was sitting on her bedroom floor one time and the stupid thing tried to hump my back :o
I got up really fast lol

I've never owned a dog or anything that has humped anyone (occasionally they might try to hump one another but I stop them).
They usually do it to show dominance or when they get excited.
Just tell them 'NO' firmly, you are the alpha/pack leader, spray them with a water bottle or refocus their attention (toy, walk/exercise).

I have a mixed breed dog, combo chihuahua and a long legged breed. Her favorite toy is what we call humpasourous rex...It is a dinasour stuffed animal and she like to hump it when she gets friskey,,, The vet said it just showed dominance and was natural....

It's true lol some dogs are pretty horny and they like humping as soon as they see something humpable, it's natural tho because they don't know what they're doigng, they're just following their insctics :)

Reply to Thread