Things to do before going on a vacation trip

Vacation season is the time when home burglary attempts are on a rise. Most people are very careless about the whole vacation thing and this makes things easier for the thieves. You may not know it but a facebook post regarding the place and duration of your trip can trigger a robbery.
Another thing is your daily mail and newspaper. These two piled up on the doorstep is another welcoming call to the thieves. If you can arrange for someone to mow the lawn and spend some time at the house watching on the TV, and creating some noise ?inside the house it would ward off any burglars. Just make sure that the people who you assign this task are trustworthy. And finally if you have an alarm system notify the company of your absence. When I go on a trip I let the?home security company at Hamilton know of it.?

This is all great advice; especially on the having someone mow the lawn or in our case, shovelling snow off the driveway in the winter if on vacation to the south. Dead giveaway that people havent been home for sometime.

Not sure if this is a real posting or an ad for a security company, but I'll weigh in. If you have a driveway and at least one car stays home, leave it in the driveway, rather than in the garage. A car in the driveway indicates that someone is likely at home. Whether you live in a house or an apartment, it's a good idea to have a lamp in front and one in back on a timer. Lights on after dark also indicate that someone's home.

Reply to Thread