How many countries have you been to???

I wish I could see the world but I've seen so little I live in Canada and I've been to Spain, Portugal, France and I'm currently visiting Switzerland. I really want to see England now. I don't recommend Switzerland or Portugal. Spain was GORGEOUS and I'm just saying that because my ancestors are from there. Everyone in Switzerland and Portugal was so rude. I'm used to people saying "oh everyone's so nice Canada." and I was like yeah right because I lived there but having been to other places I've come to realize it's true. So where have you traveled and where would you recommend? 

ive been twice in Spain,twice in Tenerife(one of the Canary islands)in Portugal,Greece and like 5 times in Sweden cuz that our neightbour country:)but i also would love to see world and im soo excited cus wer maybe going to Florida next year !and oh those recommend:well i have liked all the countries i have been:))

*israel- live there
*united states- lived there
*greece (rhodes)
*england
*zambia
*canada
*mexico
*caymen islands
*netherlands

my next goal and pretty big trip with god's help:  thailand and singapore
after my big trip i want to go to burgas, bulgaria (sunny beach, clubs, tons of cheap prada!), a trip in croatia (forests)...may be a jeep tour in georgia (next to russia)...or an independent trip to 4 randome countries in europe (drive drive drive). these are realistic goals for now... then sometime in my life i want to have a korea/japan trip :D.

I would LOVE to go see korea and japan!

haha these places are exotic to us westerners ;-)
but that i see myself doing after my college degree...or in my mid 30's

For me it will take FOREVER to finish school I want to go into neurology which means med school bleh Ill only finish probably when Im like 30! But Ill be worth it especially when I take time off and travel and ski across 3 countries in one day or walk through a volcano! Cant waitt!!!

oh you should always travel when you can.  sometimes you need a break before or in between school, may be celebrating an event.  there are always reasons to refresh ourselves before hitting off the real world.  i'll go to thailand..and then have little trips here and there (which i can afford) and then visit korea some day with god's help. 

by all means don't give up on fun.. even if this means traveling in-land that's ok.  just as long as you get to take a breath of fresh air.  and also go out during school..my friend studies law and it's extremely hard but she knows that being traped at home won't help her get high grades :)  do your homework but don't forget to have a life.  neurology huh? that's some degree!

England's nothing special, I should know since I live here lmao. I don't understand why everyone wants to visit..it sucks! :smileyvery-happy:

I've been to Cyprus, Tunisia and a place called Crete in Greece.

Actually tons of people ask me why I would want to go to england espically people here in europe who have all been they say its nothing special too but I disagree! Well I'll only have an opinion when I have been there. They're always like it rains a lot blah blah. But I'm I love rain! And I love tea! So I wanna go! lol I think it's mostly because it was always my dream to go to university there so I'm dying to go visit some. I hear the good ones are really hard to get into though, especially if you're going into medical like me. Oh well a girl can dream right. :P

True! I've been dying to go on a road trip across Canada. I've lived there my whole life and I feel like I hardly know the country I live in. I mean all those years in Toronto and I never even went to the CN Tower! Canada is huge I'd love to drive around all the provinces and once I'm done do the same with the states. And safe the pricey ticket flights for when I'm working! Also my family doesn't celebrate holidays, so winter break I wont have to go home and travel instead!

so_dramatic wrote:

Actually tons of people ask me why I would want to go to england espically people here in europe who have all been they say its nothing special too but I disagree! Well I'll only have an opinion when I have been there. They're always like it rains a lot blah blah. But I'm I love rain! And I love tea! So I wanna go! lol I think it's mostly because it was always my dream to go to university there so I'm dying to go visit some. I hear the good ones are really hard to get into though, especially if you're going into medical like me. Oh well a girl can dream right. :P

Well, if you love rain and tea then I guess England's the place for you! :) Do you like fish and chips? In the North we have the best fish and chips; not like in the South (London etc.) haha! Also their tap water tastes weird unlike our water where it comes from the Yorkshire thames.

Yes, Oxford and Cainbridge (the two top Uni's in England) are very hard to get into but if you try hard enough you can get in. My friend visited Oxford for the day and she didn't like it at all and she's really academic. She said the people are up their own arses and they try to control you too much by having to live on campus and stuff lol!

"nothing here" sounds like every civillian's thought lol

we all live under different cultures and envorinments.. we all look for different things.  i know many french peole fly to israel every year and they spend hours at the tel aviv/eilat beaches and  come back red lol..  and israelis go to thailand and south america before collage. 

the english seem to like sunny places because there isn't much sun in the UK.  well other people might find the UK facinating because it's warm but not that sunny over there :)  i've been to london and found it rather weird that during the summer i wore a jacket lol.

I'm not a big sun person. I DON'T sunbathe EVER! Anywhere without too much sun sounds good to me!

Really? Well, I would love to go to a good university just not in America. I feel they focus too much on things like how much money your family has, or how many years you spent volunteering, how many people you saved from burning buildings, times published, etc. I always heard in England they focus more on how well you do in school not all the amazing things you did outside. For me I always wanted to volunteer and I even joined clubs that gave back to the people that needed it but I couldn't go out and volunteer a lot because I had to take care of my mother who was doing chemo. I got really good grades and always made my schools top 5 but other than that I couldn't really volunteer, etc. 

United States- Born & raised

Namibia-Lived there

South Africa

Kenya

Holland

Germany

Spain

Portugal 

Switerland

Ah I love travelling. I was born in New York, moved to Germany at early age and I've travelled to Greece, Italy, Turkey, Lanzarote, Mainland Spain, visited NY again, I was in Australia twice, Austria, the Philippines.

In February I'll participate in an exchange program and I'll fly to London.

I mostly grew up in a suburb of Munich and it's pretty quiet here and I was completely overwhelmed with New York. There was just... so much more live and I was just completely fascinated.

Next time I'd like to go to South America, maybe Peru, Macchu Picchu, that'd be great.

I haven't been to New York yet. I think it's because I've always been so close to it that EVERYONE I know went there I was just like ehhh but now after spending so much time in small quiet towns in Europe I'm really starting to miss being in a city. Maybe I should go there soon :P I always heard it was wayyyy crazier than Toronto.

That's a lot :) Which one was your favorite?

- USA

-Canada

-Mexico

-England

-Ireland

-Scotland

-Germany

-Luxemburg

-Austria

-Fiji

I would really reccommend Fiji or Ireland. They are both really cool and Fiji is a really different culture compared to a lot of places.

Been to:

Germany 

France

Hungary

Czech Republic

Poland

Austria

Panama

Sadly I have not been to any other countries yet. I plan to in the future.
I have been to other states!... But that is just the answer to a question you never asked.

I live in New Zealand, I've been to Australia a few times, and I'm going to America in a week, and I will be there for a month.

I've  been to Jamaica and The Bahamas.

Hi guys! I can see a lot of interesting suggestions here. I will add some more ideas to help you to add something to your bucket list. :)

I've been to New Zealand, New Caledonia and French Polynesia (Tahiti and Bora Bora). Compared with NZ weather, I found the temperature in Noumea in August glorious. Sunny every day bar one, a bit windy (perfect for watching the kite surfers), but not cold at all. French Polynesia can be visited year-round, but the months of November to April see tropical showers passing at greater frequency than other times of the year. However, they are often interspersed with periods of sunshine.

If you are interested in visiting Australia, I would recommend you to go to Sydney and to make a road trip from there to Brisbane. Sunshine Coast is definitely my favourite place on Earth. :)?You should also check out the coolest central neighbourhood in Sydney: Chippendale. The vibrant, contemporary neighborhood of Chippendale has become the heart of Sydney's art and culture scene. And I really HAVE to mention the perfect place to stay there - The Old Clare Hotel. This stunning hotel has unique decor and authentic charm. You should also go to the Art Deco pub and chic Automata restaurant where you can try a delicious dish of steamed hapuku with roe emulsion and wild nori. Nearby is the White Rabbit Gallery with contemporary Chinese art complete with tearoom to enjoy some tasty dumplings.

If you need any more recommendations in Australia - I'm more than willing to help. :)

I've seen so little too but everything will change soon. I can recommend a good service for travelers. Gettransfer is a perfect service with best prices for transfers. Besides, you always have a choice what type of vehicle it would be. Personally, I think that it's the best transportation service, at least for now - https://gettransfer.com/en/transfers/new

Reply to Thread