I am a 24 year old opiate/heroin addict.

I've been using for 6 years or so, only used heroin within the last few years, intravenously only once (horrifying experience). I am currently on subutex, prescribed to me by my doctor to prevent opiate withdrawal because I had been using heavy narcotics and heroin when I found out I was pregnant. Opiate withdrawal can cause miscarriage, so I can't stop taking it. Subutex is addictive, and the baby will be born addicted, and will have to be weaned off of it using morphine.

I was in the process of getting clean when I found out I was pregnant. Doesn't sound like it, but I was. I was tapering down my doses, and only using when I had a toothache or had to work (opiate withdrawal+work=torture). As soon as I discovered my pregnancy, I dropped it all together and went into acute withdrawal for two days. On the second day I called a doctor who told me not to quit, to get into a subutex program, otherwise I would miscarry. So I used vicodin and suboxone intermittently until I was in the program.

I got into opiates because, well, I liked putting stuff up my nose and coke was too expensive. After a couple of years that developed into a full blown addiction. I've done most drugs known to man, and some that were even made up. I think the only thing I haven't tried is methamphetamines, and even some of that was in the ecstasy tablets I'd take every weekend.

Anyway, my point is, I've been there. I understand addiction and a lot of the underlying issues with addiction, including the guilt associated with knowing my baby will suffer withdrawal symptoms because of my own stupidity. So, if any of you have questions or concerns, you can talk to me. :)

I am a heroin addict myself and I shoot it up. I recently have been cut off from my source and have been going through nasty withdrawals. My friends have deserted me for my addiction and are harassing me online posting it to the public and its humiliating. You think my friends would be there for me when I need them the most but they are all turning on me and it makes me scared to even have my facebook running. I just feel very alone and none of my friends seem to understand that I can't really control my addiction. It takes over you. 

hi guys! I am a 22 year old heroin addict who IV's, or used to I should say.  I am currently in recovery.  It is nice to know I am not alone on these boards! Rockprincess, I totally feel for you.  Your friends do not understand the physical and mental dependancy thet you have on this drug.  Addiction is something  you can never understand unless you actually experience it.  I totally get the feeling of being taken over by it...my entire life revolved around it.  I feel so blessed that I was able to regain control over my life.  I took subutex to get through the physical withdrawals because as forestham said, withdrawals + work are absolutely terrible! I would look into either getting prescribed subutex or suboxone but only take it as long as needed to get through the physical aspect of withdrawing (if you are trying to quit I should say....this time period shouldn't be any longer than 2 weeks!) because it is highly addictive as well and coming off of that can sometimes be even worse.  As far as feeling alone...I totaly get that. None of my friends understood or even had close to an understanding of it, and the one person who got it (my boyfriend) ended up in jail which left me high and dry...legit. My best advice for that would be to try to find an NA meeting....I really didn't want to go at first because my expectations of it were WAYYY different than how meeting actually are.  I found alot of support and friendship there....it's nice talking to people who wont judge you because they have been there themselves and know the feelings you are talking about.  Even if you dont want to talk at the meeting, go sit in and listen to what others have to say.  I think you will find many people who think and feel the same way you do.  Its so awesome to be able to talk to people who get it...I spend hours trying to explain it to some of my friends who don't know a thing about drugs or addiction and after 2 hours they still have nooo clue what i am saying! Anyways, check it out :)

Having personally never gone through it but watching someone else go through it, I think the fact that you are openly able to discuss it and reveal that you have an issue is an important factor in getting better.  Unfortunately, the friend I have that still struggles with dependence refuses to acknowledge that anything is wrong, despite the fact that she's been to rehab twice. Good luck! 

I am an IV heroin-user as well for going on two years now. It has completely ruined my life and has begun to take a serious toll on my health. I am going back to rehab soon with hopes to finally get my life back.

Stay strong, ladies.

Something I definitely recommend looking into is IBOGAINE. It's made from an African root and gives you one hell of a trip... But after that, it has some sort of physiological effect where it completely blocks addiction cravings and withdrawal symptoms. They don't come back, either. Just type the word into Google and check it out. It might change your life, and certainly has changed the life of two (former) addicts I know, for the better.

Good luck!

If ur near nj hit me up

Being addicted to heroin myself in the past, I can understand the situation what you are talking about. But the problem is for curing drug addiction you are still relying on other drugs which is not good. Instead you can try a rehab center like Greenestone to get rid of it absolutely. I did the same and got beneficial result in minimum days, so I have suggested you. But the problem is yours then picking of its solution should be yours too. So go with one that suits you best.

Hey, I've been an opiate addict going on 7 years now, been shooting heroin for 4. Ibogaine is nearly impossible to obtain in the U.S. There are some people that will bring you across the border to mexico and administer Ibogaine in a controlled setting but unfortunately it's crazy expensive.

I highly suggest Subutex/Suboxone ove Methadone though. Methadone rarely works in terms of getting 100% clean because the wihdrawals are WORSE than heroin and it's usually abused just as much. It usually takes people years to get off Methadone verses 6 months to a year on subs. You can also try getting on Clonidine which is the non-narcotic way of getting clean. Usually Celexa is prescribed along with it which is an antidepressant and sometimes Ativan which is an anti anxiety med.

If you are stuck in bad withdrawal with nothing to help try taking 10-15 immodium, a couple benadryl, and getting LOTS of sleep. Muscle relaxers and benzos help a lot too.

Currently addicted to legal highs they are legal to buy but not use. I buy the ones you smoke in a roll up or bong. My mum is giving up on me as i dont want to come off them. They keep me sain though and the withdrawl symptoms are horrid i cant quit them and im goin to lose every one and end up a scum. I generally advise any one to never even try them they are addictive dangerous and will wreck your life. 

ndublet:Currently addicted to legal highs they are legal to buy but not use. I buy the ones you smoke in a roll up or bong. My mum is giving up on me as i dont want to come off them. They keep me sain though and the withdrawl symptoms are horrid i cant quit them and im goin to lose every one and end up a scum. I generally advise any one to never even try them they are addictive dangerous and will wreck your life.  

you mean like...the bath salts??  or...fake marijuana?  why not just smoke the real stuff, its less dangerous than the imitation crap.

why don't you try to seek help at rehab. there are lot of rehab out there and they can help you with your problem just like Care Addiction Rehabilitation try to give it a visit.

Using drugs while pregnant? What a selfish ass bitch smh get your life ! 

Reminds me of my best friends dying from opiates. Very stupid and dangerous

forrestham:I've been using for 6 years or so, only used heroin within the last few years, intravenously only once (horrifying experience). I am currently on subutex, prescribed to me by my doctor to prevent opiate withdrawal because I had been using heavy narcotics and heroin when I found out I was pregnant. Opiate withdrawal can cause miscarriage, so I can't stop taking it. Subutex is addictive, and the baby will be born addicted, and will have to be weaned off of it using morphine.I was in the process of getting clean when I found out I was pregnant. Doesn't sound like it, but I was. I was tapering down my doses, and only using when I had a toothache or had to work (opiate withdrawal+work=torture). As soon as I discovered my pregnancy, I dropped it all together and went into acute withdrawal for two days. On the second day I called a doctor who told me not to quit, to get into a subutex program, otherwise I would miscarry. So I used vicodin and suboxone intermittently until I was in the program.I got into opiates because, well, I liked putting stuff up my nose and coke was too expensive. After a couple of years that developed into a full blown addiction. I've done most drugs known to man, and some that were even made up. I think the only thing I haven't tried is methamphetamines, and even some of that was in the ecstasy tablets I'd take every weekend.Anyway, my point is, I've been there. I understand addiction and a lot of the underlying issues with addiction, including the guilt associated with knowing my baby will suffer withdrawal symptoms because of my own stupidity. So, if any of you have questions or concerns, you can talk to me. :) 

Hey I've never dealt with heroine addiction but i have been addicted to Molly's and coke it happens ur not alone

wow reading all of you guys story i really do feel it for you. ive never tried any drug at all except weed but here in jamaica we dont consider that a drug its a herb. i have a very addictive spirt so i stay far away from those stuff cause i know 1 try and thats it for me. even though sometimes i wonder what it feels like to be high but all of ur stories has showed me that its not worth it so i will stay away. i really do hope and pray that you guys overcome your demons. must be extremly draining having to go through that knowing that something else have control over you. i pray that you guys break free
?? keep strong

From what I can gather, being high is like being very drunk

ive never been drunk before but its not a good feeling from what i hear lol

Reply to Thread