Help Budgeting

Hello,
As you can tell from the title. I am trying to learn how to budget. I've found so many sources online but I don't know where to start. I wish that I was being taught this in math instead of how to solve for x. Anyway, do any of you know how to budget? if so, where do I start it's all so much to take in.

Write down how much you spend on things like food,rent-or whatever you spend money on then calculate how much you have left over at the end of the month. Whatever is left over save it. Make sense?

You aren't running a business with employees or having to calculate depreciation on equipment. It's really much easier than you think.. Most of us here are students with modest earnings. Consequently, it's rather easy, because you really only have to manage one side of the budget - the expense side. Where to start? You've already found resources online. You don't say what your objective is, and that's your real problem. There's a saying that if you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there. Decide what your objective is, such as having a certain amount left over to save at the end of each month, calendar quarter, or year, or simply to break even, and pick a tool you've already found that serves that objective.

A budget is nothing more than a forward-looking income and expense statement. The math is nothing more than addition and subtraction, which is why they don't teach it in math class. By age 7, we have all the math skills we need to do a simple personal budget. The actual budgeting for a houselhold is taught as part of what many secondary schools call a class in "consumer economics." If you can, take one. If you're in college, an Accounting 101 class will give you everything you need to know about budgeting for personal purposes, and a lot more. If you're finished with school, take a non-credit adult-education class in budgeting and personal finances. They're available from many sources, including community colleges.

Reply to Thread