Someone wants me to send him nudes

Someone ended up DMing me on Instagram, he said he just wanted to talk. I replied, and we sent a few messages back and forth, keeping things nonpersonal. He said he was 19 and I am 15. ?Eventually he asked for a picture of me (not a nude), which I said no to. He was okay with that, but we stopped talking for a few days. This morning I checked my Instagram again, and he had DMed me again, saying only "hey". I replied with hello and he asked to talk. When I asked him what about, he replied only with "nudes". I told him no, because I know it's illegal, and I am uncomfortable with it. However, now I am doubting myself. I feel bad because he seemed disappointed with that, and I hate to see people upset. I know I did the right thing, and the smart thing, but I am worried I am going to doubt myself so much, I will give in and send him pictures. I tend to talk myself into things to make other people happy, and I need help to insure that I will not this time. Does anybody have advice to stopping myself from sending these pictures?

That is a problem !. You know that not sending them is the right thing to do, and you know that sending them is illegal. Yet your desire to please someone who you've never seen and never met will probably win out ? ?I would separate the problem away from this one example and think of the difficulties this will cause you in later life if you persist with this attitude. Someone you really like is very upset that they can't afford the $10,000 watch in the jewellers window. You know it's illegal to smash the window and steal the watch for them...you know not doing it is the right thing to do....but you'll talk yourself into doing it because the pain of seeing your friend upset is more than you can bear.

Is there not a possibility that by doing wrong and illegal things you'll also upset some other people...maybe family members ?
By all means talk yourself into doing wrong and illegal things....but it won't be long before the consequences of acting like that come back to bite you, and you'll then start to talk yourself into not behaving so foolishly in future.?

Don't feel guilty. He has no right to ask for nudes from anyone especially not a 15 year old he has never met.

And you could end up making other people upset by doing that, like your parents and eventually even that guy when he ends up in court for it.

I wouldn't message him back if I were you...Your body is your business, and no one has a right to see it except you and the people you want to see it. This guy is probably just one of those image collectors who will spread it all over the web, maybe with your contact info. It's happened to a couple of my friends. They end up getting harassed, and it just sucks...the solution is not to send nudes in the first place, and to avoid pervs who ask for them whenever possible.

You did the right thing, do NEVER send nude pictures.
Better you stop the conversation with him.

who cares if he's disappointed?? Don't feel bad at all.? The guy is nothing but a douche who just wants to see nudes, that's it.

He continued to DM me. I recently blocked him and other accounts because he made a few after I blocked him on the first one. Thank you for the responses, they have calmed me down. : )

?

Reply to Thread