Re-bound

So about a month ago, my first proper boyfriend broke up with me and I've recently gotten over him. I've now developed a crush on the worst person possible: one of his best friends. He's super funny, kind and we've seen each other once outside of school, at my ex's house. Once, I was freaking out because I had lost something and he called my name and told me to take a deep breath while everyone else laughed at me, which was really sweet of him. We only have geography together and I've tried to catch his attention a few times, our teacher once joked about us being in a relationship once and he didn't shoot the idea down and friend-zone me, a bonus for me, I guess? We also have sort of the same music taste which is a big deal for me. What the problem is, is that there are four of them in their friendship group. So far, I've had a crush on one, dated another, I think the third one thinks I'm weird but funny, and now this new crush has come along and I don't know what to do! I have his number, we've texted once or twice and I even invited him to this friend gathering I was having, although he politely turned it down. I don't want him to think badly of me if he finds out about this crush I have on him, considering my history with his friends. I need advice! Please help!

I forgot to add that I don't want my ex to think I'm going after his friends on purpose if he does find out. I really do like this new guy. My feelings are sincere.

You're boyfriend is the one who broke up with you, right?.? If he did that, then he shouldn't have any say over who you decide to like next.? It was his loss.? You're free to go after whoever you want, in my opinion.

Yes, it was the ex that broke up with me, and yes, it was his loss. We don't talk at all anymore since he goes to a different school, but I wouldn't let him have a say over who I date either. The problem is what my crush will think of me if I do end up confessing.

Yes, it was the ex that broke up with me, and yes, it was his loss. We don't talk at all anymore since he goes to a different school, but I wouldn't let him have a say over who I date either. The problem is what my crush will think of me if I do end up confessing

What would he think?? Like, you think maybe he doesn't like you in the same way?

That's exactly what I'm asking for advice for!

Reply to Thread