Questions about period

I've seen that several girls have made questions about the period in this section 😱 and I have some questions myself so, here they are

1. I had my first period this year but I've had it only 3 times, from sex ed class I know it takes time to become regular but, how long does it take? 😱

2. Does the period always last 1 week? What happens if my I have it for 7 days, or 3?

3. How do I know how much fluid is ok? 😰 I've heard that some girls have very heavy fluid

4. I haven't had cramps yet 😁 but I've heard that a lot of girls suffer from this. Should I be worried? 😱

5. Once I'm regular, will the period begin always in the same day? 😰 Like mmm nov 3, dec 3, jan 3 and so on

6. How fragile are pads? Like do they get damaged if I do a sport or swim or anything 😱

7. Is it normal to feel very horny, lots more than usual lol 😝 when I have the period?

8. Is it possible to masturbate while having the period? 😱 (read above lol 😝)

Hello! Periods are a funny thing... they're hard to predict! I'll do my best to answer your questions from my own experience, but remember that it's different for everyone and your periods can change over time. A lot depends on your body and what it feels like it wants to do.

1.For the first year or so, you may have a period every month, you may have more than one in some months, or you may go a few months without one. My periods took about 2 years to become some sort of regular.?

2. Your period can last anywhere from 2 - 9 days. Some girls find that it lasts about the same number of days, but it can change from cycle to cycle.

3. Usually, your body will only shed as much as is necessary for you. Don't worry if your flow is very light or seems very heavy. If you are soaking through a heavy flow maxi-pad every few hours, you may want to talk to your doctor.?

4. Be glad! Cramps are not a fun thing! Sometimes you'll get them, sometimes you won't. In most cases, cramps are fairly mild and can be taken care of with an over the counter pain reliever. Again, if it seems excessive or your cramps are preventing you from doing daily activities, you may want to see your doctor.

5. While your period usually begins about the same day once you're regular, it isn't an exact science. You can get pretty good at guesstimating when you'll start, but be prepared a few days before. I always keep a spare pad in my purse just in case.

6. Pads are designed to be worn in everyday life. If you're using the correct absorbancy for your flow, you should have no problems with bleeding through. There are a million options out there (absorbancy, wings/no wings, materials, natural/synthetic, etc) so you may have to try a few before settling on one you like. Pads should not be used for swimming - they are not designed for use in water. If you're swimming, you might want to look into tampons.?

7, 8. Yes! Enjoy :) Just make sure you use the same protection you normally would use if you're sexually active, and clean any sexual toys properly following use.?

I've been having my period for about 16 years, and only when I got on birth control did it become regular! I hope some of this information helps. There is a ton of information available online and from businesses like Always and Tampax. Good luck!

Thanks for the help 😊 it was very interesting to read and I learned a lot.

Hello Gurls, I only started mine at 13 am now 16 and are just about comming regular.

1. I had my first period this year but I've had it only 3 times, from sex ed class I know it takes time to become regular but, how long does it take? 😱
It may take up to a few years.2. Does the period always last 1 week? What happens if my I have it for 7 days, or 3?
I have had my period for a long time now and i get it for one week and heavy. Its normal for 2 days to a week :)3. How do I know how much fluid is ok? 😰 I've heard that some girls have very heavy fluid
Usually a few days in your period ill beheavy. don't stress.4. I haven't had cramps yet 😁 but I've heard that a lot of girls suffer from this. Should I be worried? 😱
Not at all! Cramps are totally normal, try heat packs.5. Once I'm regular, will the period begin always in the same day? 😰 Like mmm nov 3, dec 3, jan 3 and so on
It ill take a while to get regualry, the days might not be exact.6. How fragile are pads? Like do they get damaged if I do a sport or swim or anything 😱
Pads are pretty sturdy, i recommend to use them first, then try tampons when you're older. Tampons are more comfortable for swimming.7. Is it normal to feel very horny, lots more than usual lol 😝 when I have the period?
Of course! High sex drive is common8. Is it possible to masturbate while having the period? 😱
Of course! Go!

Reply to Thread