If you have had or having your first period and want help/info click here

Hi,
If your worried or wondering about your period, ask questions below. I know alot about periods and it is very helpful if your feeling insecure to?ask an adult that you trust or even look on the web for tips! I know all about the rush of feeling and nervous breakdowns about getting your period. The common questions: How to know what is normal and what is not?! All periods are different! Some may be light, some may be heavy and some last for a week and some last? for few days. The average days of your period is about 3- 5 days but anything other than that is fine. It is always quite normal and reccomended to book an appointment with a docter to know whats what. If you get our period at school and its your first time, do not panic. All you have to do is put clean your self up, put some toilet paper on your underwear and ask your teacher if you can go to the nurse because you have got your first period or just say your feeling sick! Nurses are trained and helful in these times. I am sure if you go up to your nurse and tell her your situation, she will help you in any way she can. Puberty is a very hard time for young teenagers and pre teens. If you have any questions feel free to comment.

?

Will I get cramps?

More than likely. The intensity varies from person to person, so don't worry about it too much. Usually you can take an advil and you should be good for a while. In my experience, I've rarely had intense cramping. There have only been a couple of times that I've had some pretty bad ones, but normally they were just some discomfort.?

I finally started this week :)

amy261 Are you happy? Good if you are, but that won't last for long :)

I got mine on April 13 and then got my second one yesterday... Is that normal?

To Clarinet Gurl ^^ I think it's normal. I've only had 2 and the second one was like more than 2 months after my first one.
I'm still waiting for my third one 7 weeks later lol.
I think they take a while to settle down and get into a rhythm. Did you get cramps? Everybody says most girls get crampy but I didnt (well not yet anyway)

Yes, it's totally normal and all girls have had the same experience. When you first have your period, it's usually very irregular and it takes some time to become regular (having it monthly). You should no worry for now, all is part of the game

I think I got my first period today because today I went to the bathroom and my underwear had rustish coloured spot and I have a cramp right now

Reply to Thread