what do they feel like?

I started my period when I was ten, now I am 14, I have always used towels but now I am getting older and getting a heavier period they make me feel sick after I use them. So I want to use tampons but I have heard they hurt and you can get toxin poison if you forget about them, which is a bit scary. I just want to know what do they feel like inside? Do they hurt? 

They can hurt the first few times putting them in..but that's mostly because people put them in wrong..like don't push them up far enough etc. After you get the hang of them..you can't feel them. You can get toxin poison but it's pretty rare. I would recommend 4 tampon changes a day, one in the morning, one at dinner, one at supper time and one before you go to bed.

holls925:I started my period when I was ten, now I am 14, I have always used towels but now I am getting older and getting a heavier period they make me feel sick after I use them. So I want to use tampons but I have heard they hurt and you can get toxin poison if you forget about them, which is a bit scary. I just want to know what do they feel like inside? Do they hurt?  

I just started using tampons for the first time this year...only a few months ago actually.  I wish I had tried them sooner...I always had a fear of putting something "in me".  It didn't hurt the first time...but I did it slow and had my legs spread wide enough I felt like I was doing the splits!  (I've since learned a better position)

I would encourage you to try them.  Freedom from pads is wonderful...I can easily take them with me...and they are comfortable to sleep with.

needs some practice but you get used to them. Very convenient too.

About the bad effects you are talking about what they call TSS or TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME. This is a really serious problem and potentially fatal. But is is quite rare thankfully and if you take all the precautions of regular changes then you will be perfectly fine. This is not to worry about but you need to know

This happpens when you leave the tampon in and forget to take it out. I dont know why people forget because the tampon has a string attached and that dangling thig is always a reminder. Even when you go for a pee you will be reminded.

So change regularly. Thats the key.

I personally use pads more than tampons. Tampons hurt for me but I say do whatever that makes you feel comfortable ;)

It's like a little pinch; it's really not too bad. It's like, take your mildest stubbing of your toe and divide the pain quotient in half. Yup, that's what it's like.

You might want someone to help you the first time though. They're quick and convenient before long :]

Also, you change them every 4 hours ideally, just so you know.

Reply to Thread