Making New Friends

Hey guys. I'm 21 and I just graduated from college in May. I'm wondering if any of you have advice on how to make new friends. I've been thinking about it and I realized I don't remember how to make friends. I've never actively had to. But now most of my friends live in different cities or are still in college and I'm not sure where to go or what to do. If you have any advice please let me know. 

I live in DC btw. 

HI there.  I'm kind of in the same situation.  Well I'm 24 years old and I'm graduating from college in December, and most of my friends and I have kind of lost touched with each other.  I still have three best friends that I talk to quite frequently.  But I'm looking to meet new people who I can relate to and just go out with and have a great time.  Sometimes, I get sad because I don't have a lot of friends anymore that I can just go out with.  What I would suggest is maybe get into an organization or join a gym or some type of social activity that can get you to meet new people.  For example, my brother is now a buddhist and he join this huge buddhist organization and now most of his friends are from that exact group.  Or even from work, just strike up a conversation with a few of your co-workers, and maybe go out to lunch with on your break, or something very similar to that.  Anyways, I wish you good luck! and go out there, and you'll meet new people in no time :)

Reply to Thread