I'm not comfortable with this, but I'm unsure of what to do...

So I was sitting with my friends where I usually sit during lunch, and there's this guy who sits next to us who is pretty funny and great, but he had a friend who is a senor come up and ended sit next to him, which made him sitting next to me. I've known the senor before just in passing (and my friend almost dated him once) but never really much. Next thing I know, he pokes me in the side, like that weird part inbetween your hip and boob. He was like what I didn't do it, but then every time I turned away from him, he did it again. I very politely told him to cut it out, and then he?does it again.?He wouldn't stop, so I eventually just got up from the table and left, took a breath and then came back just as they were leaving. I don't want him to do it again, it it's kinda bugging me to think about it.

By the way, I'm a freshmen...?

I think you responded totally appropriately. You politely asked him to stop, and when he continued to be immature, you removed yourself from the situation. It would bother me if some guy I didn't know did that to me, and I'm 10 years older than you, so your being a freshman doesn't really matter. He would probably need to seek medical attention if he did that to me, but I think your response was much more appropriate.
People will probably tell you that he was flirting with you, but I HATE that as a justification for ignoring boundaries. If a guy wants to flirt with you, he should be charming and attentive, not childish. The fact that he ignored you when you told him to stop is a red flag.
I suggest you stay strong, maintain your boundaries, and don't let strange dudes poke you.

Reply to Thread