Choosing the right course

Long story short I ended up droping out of college about a year ago due to not passing my course. How do I chose the right college and course for me? By the way I'm not looking for traditional advice such as take what your interested in.

Do you have any specific goal in mind for your future? Like working for a certain company or in the future moving to a different area? You could base your decision after those goals. In example, if you wanted to work for a certain law firm because the pay and benefits they offer but didn't want to become a paralegal or attorney you could study accounting to work at the firm as a conflicts clerk. On a different note if the classes are too hard for you talk with a counselor and tell them what class you would like to take to see if there is another option that you can take. If that isn't the issue maybe a different instructor or class size?

^^^^ I agree with the above post but if you still couldn't get any ideas think about your values and interests. I know you said no traditional advice but think a little bit more in depth? ?What's important to you? What are you good at? What are your skills and experiences and who could benefit from them? I've decided I want to be a social worker and what ultimately made me that was my values. For a long time I didn't know what I wanted to do and what made me think about my values was an all about me poster we had to do at course before we made our CV/resume. I'm not sure what online tools and resources you've used but here in NZ we use career quest on?http://www.careers.govt.nz/tools/careerquest/ which is quite helpful to get you started. Good luck and I hope you find what's right for you :)?

From what i know, most people fail a course or two during their first couple semesters of college. Don't have to freak out and drop out altogether. I'm not in college yet but i know friends who are and have warned me about the possibility of failing a course or two.?

If you really don't know what your goal is for the future, I suggest going to a community college and finishing your general education requirements there. College is expensive as hell, so if you don't have a major, you can save a lot of money by doing 2 years at a community college. I also suggest you work while going to school. Working while going to school will help you save money, will keep you motivated to finish school because you'll realize that you probably need a college degree for a promising future, and may lead you toward your future career goal. I worked as a nursing assistant for 2 years and realized that I have a passion and a talent for occupational therapy. I already had my pre-reqs done at community college, so I went and got a bachelor's in gerontology and then a master's in occupational therapy. It was hard work, and I was almost 30 by the time I had my master's, but I don't regret any of it.

You might also consider joining the military. You might benefit from the structure, and you can get a free education that could lead to a great career.

[size=100]I chose where to study only two years ago. Now I combine study and work. It's not so easy to do, but I try to do my best. Now I'm writting my first essay. Unfortunately, I don't have much time for writting, so I found online resources about comparison essay topics. With its help I hope to finish my esay on time. I think it's very important to identify what you really like to make the right decision.[/size]

Reply to Thread