College Admission Essays
has anyone written their essay yet? What are you writing about? Or, if you're already in college, what did you write about for your essay? My guidance counselor said to write about any life-changing experiences, but I don't really have any...which is normal. I mean, not everybody has some kind of experience in their life that changes or influences them you know? My counselor said to also just write about what kind of person I am, bc the essay is so the college gets to know who I am. I'm not really sure what to write about, at all.     Smile-It makes a world of differenceDance-Who knows when you won't be able toCry-Holding those emotions in is bad for youKiss-Kisses are the most wonderful things in the world.Laugh-What's the point in hiding happiness?Frown-Why not let him know you're unhappy?Apologize-You don't wanna lose friends.Hug-There's no better feeling than being wrapped up close to someone you love.Live-because life is everything.  
I had to write quite a few essays... so here are prompts/topics. "Leadership"- what would you bring to the college leadership-wise. I wrote about being a section leader in marching band, and how I got past the difficulty of totalitarian/evil staff members. Diplomacy and such. Leadership's not my strong point, but I had to write something. "What cool thing about you will you bring to the college" - ie what makes you special I hated this prompt too, as I'm "the patron saint of mediocrity" to quote Amadeus' Salieri. I wrote about my love for languages, why I've pursued them and why I think it's important to learn. I'm Russian, went to kindergarten in Japan, learned English at the age of 5, studied French in high school and went to Spain, took a Spanish course, and then went to Mexico. And I went to a 72% asian school (just checked last year's demographics) and took art lessons from a guy that only spoke Mandarin. I expressed a wish to study Chinese in college... and actually, I am, and am loving it. SO. Basically whee languages. "Tell me more about yourself" - grr open ended prompts. I want to teach, so I talked about my experiences tutoring elementary schoolers at my library's Homework Center. I centered on one especially ornery girl and the way we tackled one specific problem together, and then concluded with what I learned and why I wanted to teach. Ie a "turning point" in my quest to be a teacher, yeah right, but it sounded pretty good. My faculty advisor at college told me she liked the essay and found it "funny." "Diversity" - required for a couple of my colleges Talked about moving from England to America and encountering prejudice toward each accent in each place. Ie I learned that Americans think English are posh idiots and English think Americans are sleazy weirdos, and neither is true. Yay eyes opened at age 10! Yay fostering diversity! Basically another somewhat lighthearted essay about how a childhood experience affected my ideas later on.   Basically... pick something that's good about yourself, and expound on that. Don't actually say "I'm a good student" - talk about which classes you enjoyed and excelled in, and what about those classes contributed to that. Don't just say you're open-minded - talk about an experience that showed you the importance of open-mindedness. The experience can be as short as one minute, as long as you talk about its results and sound intelligent and interesting. Good luck! btw if you want essay-editing, feel free to message me or email me at stazee@gmail.com. I'd love to help.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm as normal as I am photogenic. Nice to meet you too.
wow thanks you're reply helped alot :-) The essay I have to write for one of the colleges is basically an open-ended prompt. It's an optional essay, so I don't really have to do it but I think the people in admissions would like to see that I made an effort and see that I really want to go to their school.     Smile-It makes a world of differenceDance-Who knows when you won't be able toCry-Holding those emotions in is bad for youKiss-Kisses are the most wonderful things in the world.Laugh-What's the point in hiding happiness?Frown-Why not let him know you're unhappy?Apologize-You don't wanna lose friends.Hug-There's no better feeling than being wrapped up close to someone you love.Live-because life is everything.  

I think when it comes to essay writing it's necessary to choose the most suitable type of writing for you and find an interesting topics for your essay. As for me, I prefer expressive writings. It's the type of writing when you express your own thoughts and feelings to the subject. Now I'm writing an essay about my life experience. I want to write a story about my growth experience that are significant to me. I also decided to use a little help of editing and proofreading sevice here https://pro-papers.com/proofreading-and-editing-services to have someone proofread my essay and make sure that it doesn't have any glaring errors. People often don't tend to see their own mistakes and typographival errors so it's most certainly okay to use professional help sometimes.

Reply to Thread