Does anyone else get like this?

I don't know if this is normal or not and, I can't bring myself to bring this up to anyone in my life. I was wondering if it's normal to feel deeply, emotionally disturbed when hearing stories/cases of sexual assault. I know this type of crime is probably the worst thing in the world to experience that, in general, people feel disturbed when hearing about these types of things. However, for me, in my opinion, I think I feel deeper emotions than maybe the average person. A lot of the times, I feel as though I'm about to start crying or start to maybe panic almost as if an anxiety attack is about to be triggered. I don't know why I feel this because I've never, to my knowledge, been sexually abused or assaulted. FYI, I do experience anxiety but, it's more of social anxiety and fear of being around a lot of people. I hope I explained this okay. Could I be too empathetic to where I can take on other people's emotions and make them my own, even with experiences I've never experienced? Also,?I do experience these "episodes", it takes a least a few hours for me to forget about whatever it was that I read/saw that triggered this emotional response. It's upsetting and definitely annoying.?

Something I saw online today triggered these feelings and, it's going to take until possibly tomorrow for me to feel better. Hopefully.?

I know exactly how you feel. You're definitely not alone in feeling that way
I usually try to keep myself distracted, which helps sometimes. Honestly, even I'm still wondering what's the best thing to do when this sort of thing happens

Reply to Thread