Issues with my mother...

I can't stand being around my mother. I'm always either angry or stressed when she's around. When I'm just simply telling her something, she starts an argument or tries to justify something that doesn't need to be justified.

She got mad at me last year when I told her that I was dropping out of school so I could work more.

I'm sure she was happy when my boyfriend broke up with me and upset when we got back together.

I can't tell her anything because of how mad she always gets when I tell her the truth.

​I told her at some point this year that I'll be moving in with a friend, haven't yet told her about the new moving plan with a different friend, and she got mad at the sleeping arrangements that I was perfectly okay with. She said something along the lines of 'I want to move out on MY terms. Not by force.' Oh, and like I don't? I've wanted to move out at some point in 2015, but things just weren't lining up, and now she's almost forcing me to stay.

I'm looking for a new job, and she got mad at me when one of my coworkers, who is a manager at another place, said they'd put in a good word for me with their hiring manager at their other job. Like, does she want me to get a new job or not?

And that's only a few things that bug me.

What do you guys think I should do?

Reply to Thread