How Do I Tell My Parents I Don't Have Any Friends?

So it's a weekend and I've been home since January because I graduated early. Long story short I stay inside all day I'm 17 years old and my dad just gave me money to go outside with my "friends" because I kept going inside his room to talk to him and stuff, I'm scared to tell to him. My parents know I'm not very popular or pretty but I don't want them to know that I'm a loser too. I just need t find a way to get to stop bugging me about it. I have outside activities that I don't have friends in sure I talk to them but ..I don't want to make this very long.
?

Yup, you should tell them about it, they're your parents and they will understand. You might have to explain them the reason you don't have friends tho.

I ended avoiding the situation, I'm going to college soon and I'm hoping to start over there. Do you think I'm doing the right thing?

If you're not really close to your parents and it's awkward to talk to them, then yes I guess. As you said, college is a new chance to start over and you could make some friends there

May I ask when you turn 18? if it's anytime in the near future try meetme.com

I understand how you feel! I think the best way is just to avoid the issue until college, then have a fresh start. Until then you should try joining some sports teams or an art class or something like that to get out there a bit.?

in septemeber?

I'd love to and I tried but there aren't any sports teams for girls my age where I live. Especially outside of school. I'm in a writing class but I don't really vibe with the people there. I did make alot of friends with the people who were in it 2 years ago but they graduated and went to college. Most of the kids in it are than me now and everything just feels forced when I try to talk to people. I think I like being alone now just because the friends that I want don't exist. Since I'm a writer I like to make up alot of characters and sometimes I make up friend groups and put myself in them and I write about these little adventures they go on and at least that way I don't ever have to worry about anyone leaving me. I haven't had friends since middle school and ever since high school they all got the'r own friend groups

Reply to Thread