When you are an introvert

I have always considered myself an extrovert, but slowly I have started to close off a little. I have a few of my close, best friends that are there no matter what... but other than that, I really don't like socializing much anymore. I don't feel like trying to make new friends, because maybe I don't have to. I think my friends are great. I can be weird, totally honest and a little stupid with them. (We aren't too far out either. some of my friends are actually pretty popular, but not me).Truly, the majority of the people at my school annoy me, so I just try to avoid them. However, when I do come across people who are mere acquaintances, I'm bad at making conversation that's not awkward, I don't like to be fake and, frankly, I'm not confident with my social skills.?

Anyway, I guess I'm socially awkward. Is this okay? Am I going to be bad with people and relationships as I get older? Should I make more of an effort to socialize?

I honestly don't think it matters what you are. It is very much 'sterotype' and it really doesn't matter to people. You can be unique in your own way with out naming yourself as the two.

I agree with bunbunbun999, just be yourself, be happy and enjoy your life. I believe in the saying "quality over quantity", you don't need a lot of friends if you don't feel comfortable with this situation. Every person is unique in their own way.

Honestly, if you're happy with how your life is at the moment, then it's completely fine. Most people are socially awkward anyway, and I'm sure a lot of people can relate. I am sometimes too. As long as you have good healthy relationships with the people that matter the most to you, then you've got it made. If you don't enjoy other people at your school, don't waste your time. Don't be fake to win anyone's validation or friendship. Be open to meeting new people, but you don't have to devote time to searching for new friends.? Keep being you, y'all awesome boo.

Reply to Thread