Hips

Disclaimer: I've never had serious issues with my body image (like anorexia or bulemia, etc.)

Recently I've noticed I've been really hungry and eating more. I figured it was just because the winter colorguard season just started and I have been excercising more because of practices and whatnot, but I noticed today (well, just now), when I put on a pair of underwear I've had for a while, that I have a little pudge going on that I'm pretty sure didn't exist before on my sides under the waistband. I then looked at my hips as a whole in the mirror and noticed I had a little more than I remembered above that on my sides, inbetween my waist and hips. I didn't exactly notice the hip stuff because I have a big butt. Once I noticed I weighed myself and I'm usually somewhere between 151 and 156 but I weighed in at 159 and it makes me kind of anxious. I don't believe weight is a good determining factor when it comes to body image and rarely weigh myself. I'm concerned that I'm just gaining weight and not in a good way, as in gaining fat. I don't know what to do besides just start up again on my workout regiment and eat a little less.

That's basically all you can do is be conscious of what you're eating and do some exercise. Winter months are hard on people for weight purposes because many of us are stuck inside in the cold with little persuasion to go out and freeze while getting physical activity. I call it the "hibernation period" lol. I'm on Atkins and am doing light exercise - started last Sunday - and already see a little improvement.

Also, you may be growing (depending on your age). As you grow it is normal for your hips to change.

Reply to Thread