Share your insecurities & carry on the questions!

It's been said that everyone's beautiful in their own way, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there are so many things we can list that have been said.

But truly everyone has their insecurities, and most times we burry them and hide them away from those close to us but still we know they're there.

So many may read this and ignore it, or think it's a waste of time or ridiculous but I really would appreciate it if everyone pitched in sometime and keep it going 😋🙃🤓

Let's please not judge each other.

What are your insecurities?
Why are you insecure about it?

And if you want you can leave one of your favorite quotes and keep adding questions on like a chain! So I'll go first.

I have 2 insecurities: my looks and my skin color.

I and myself ugly in looks, despite my personality being pretty amazing and all the quotes of 'what on the inside is all that matters' and society typically says that people of my skin color are ugly both those reasons kind of intertwine.

"Society typically says..." I don't buy it because I've never heard society say any such thing. It's you who are saying it here, and attributing it to unnamed others, and you should stop doing so. Society doesn't typically say anything. Lice carry typhus - true, and you should believe people who say so. Smoking is hazardous to your health and causes wrinkles and brown teeth, among more serious conditions - true, and you should believe people who say so. Skin color - whatever is said about it and beauty is false - don't believe it. For everyone who prefers one shade, there is someone who prefers another. There's no pattern whatsoever to it, and no prevailing sentiment. The amount of melanin has nothing to do with beauty, but it may be a valid indicator of the level of risk for certain skin cancers.

Insecurities - those related to my physical body are frivolous, compared to issues and challenges faced by people who are blind or have no arms or legs. With regard to life more generally, I'm definitely insecure about my ability to myself financially, and that day of independence by necessity is coming soon.

Quote - "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and sometimes there's not enough dog to go around" (from the film "Babe, Pig in the City").

Reply to Thread