I used to self-harm, but i am better now. My parents don't know that i did this and i desperatly want the scars gone.Also, how do i accept the fact that i did that and not feel so ashamed?Any advice is appreciated!
The chances of eliminating a scar all together is pretty astronomical. But there are ways to reduce their appearance. I use "Mederma" and you can get it anywhere. I used it on a motorcycle exhaust burn on my inner calf after riding with my boyfriend on his motorcycle. It's still there but it's hard to notice.?
As far as feeling ashamed - just know that you're past that point in your life and dwelling on it will do you no good. We all deal with stress and depression in separate ways so think of this as a completely separate chapter in your life to learn to cope better and look past things that cannot be changed.
Yeah, moisturise moisturise moisturise.
I'm happy you've stopped and you should be proud! There's no reason to be ashamed, you did great getting rid of that!
Hope I am not too late in helping you out. Here are some simple ways that you can find useful in treating scars-
- Apple Cider Vinegar is an astringent and a natural disinfectant that makes it a great antiseptic for the treatment of acne and acne scars.
- Onion Extract/Gel as it contains several unique bioflavenoids that can treat scars.
- Aloe Vera helps to smooth the damaged skin. It also helps to regenerate the damaged tissues by boosting the healing process.
- Use of massage palper-rouler is efficient in promoting healthy skin.
- Tea tree oil is an amazing natural remedy for healing scars.