Always tired!

No matter how much sleep I get I always wake up feeling tired. Last night I slept for a total of eight hours without waking up at all and I still felt unrested. Why is this and what can I do to change this feeling? Would eating different foods help? Is this mostly because of stress?

Your body could be lacking iron. How much fish or meat to you eat?

Could be a bad diet? 

I eat alot of meat but hardly any fish. I don't like fish much, as a substitute should I get some kind of vitamin that has iron?

It def sounds like you might need some iron in your diet. Check with a chemist or health food store for stuff you can take.
Spinach and other green leafy vegetables have lots of iron in them.
Check this out http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Iron_explained

mandakim: It def sounds like you might need some iron in your diet. Check with a chemist or health food store for stuff you can take.
Spinach and other green leafy vegetables have lots of iron in them.
Check this out http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Iron_explained

thanks for the link i'll check it out :) 

I have the same problem!!!. Try drinking sothing tea before you go to sleep and put fresh rosemary in a spray bottle with water and lightly spray your pillow.

Diet could be a factor. You said you eat a lot of meat, just not fish, so you probably have enough iron - next time you go to your doctor, ask them to check your iron levels, it's a very easy test. Do you otherwise eat moderately healthy- get fruits/vegetables, etc? If you eat a lot of junk food, try cutting back. Also, make sure you are hydrated!! This was huge for me, and while a little annoying the first few days (needing to pee often) once I started uping my water intake I noticed a definite difference in my overall energy levels.

Also, do you exercise during the day? It's ironic - you can be feeling too sluggish to go for a walk or jog, but once you get regular excerise into your day, you'll ultimately end up with better energy overall.

Finally - this sort of goes with exercise, but do you get out for fresh air and sunlight? Vitamin D and just seeing the sun impact mental health a great deal - I find that I get a little down especially in winter months, which in turn just leads me to feeling incredibly tired all the time. Pushing myself to get out and get some sun helps (and you could also take a vitamin D supplement - I plan to try that this winter).

If normal health tips of this sort don't seem to work, go see a doctor. Thyroid issues, sleep apnea, etc. are all serious items that could be causing it.

Hope you already recovered. Check your iron content and Hb in your blood level regularly. Do some breathing exercises?when you feel stressed. Don't go anemic. Have plenty of calciums and vitamins. Of course, 8 hours of sleep is plenty much.

If you change your diet and it seems the same id definietly get it checked out, because i have a disease where im always tired and when i have a good sleep i always feel restless.?

Reply to Thread