Pelvic Floor pain

I have heard that many women asking whether there is a problem in taking kegels and physiotherapy to treat the tightening of the pelvic floor.
I was also having the same doubt. I knew that if we practice Kegels every day, it will help for a smooth bowel movement and pelvic floor will be fine. But there is problem when your pelvic floor are tight. If your pelvic floor muscles are too tight or in spasm, you should NOT do Kegels. It makes it worse. Instead, you can go to a pelvic floor physiotherapist who can help you.
The treatment will be Internal and external massage once a week for 5 weeks. Not allowed to do kegel. Massage is very good to relax the muscle but also good to prevent adhesions and pain during intercourse. Once your pelvic floor is fine you can begin with kegel. There is another facility also that is electrotherapy: they put inside your vagina an electrode and using a device, the muscle is induced to squeeze.
So after Repair of Rectocele or Enterocele, you can practice kegel once the pelvic floor is fine.

Reply to Thread