Nipple Piercing Help

Not sure if I can find the answers here but... my nipple piercings of 7 months started hurting again. Sometimes its just one nipple, sometimes its both, sometimes (especially if I wear a tight bra) the whole breast feels kinda tender. I've been to a piercing once and was told that maybe I was having an allergic reaction and switched out my bars, nothing has changed. I've read up what the possible signs of infection are and other than the on and off boob/nipple pain I don't really see any other changes. ?I'm an art college senior so I've been swamped these past few months getting ready for my exams, so I haven't been able to see a doctor (even though I plan on going very soon). Just wanted to know if anyone could have a vague idea of what it might be. Thanks~!?

I

undefined:
undefined

Is there anyway you can call a non-emergency medical line and have them answer this question right away? Here we have this thing called Health Links a non-emergency medical line in which doctors answer medical questions right away and I was wondering if you had a simillar set up where you are. If so call them and describe the issue.?

Mine go through periods of being more senstive/"oozy"/gross/painful/etc...usually if I've caught them on a towel/clothing, been a little too rough (read: the boything has teeth lol), or been sick or stressed (every time I'm sick all my pericings get a little infected and I always find my nipples take longer to heal!). And mine are nearly two years old now - at 7 months it's entirely probable they aren't fully healed yet! Most people I know say it took over a year to get to a place of "usually they don't hurt unless I'm being an idiot"...Plus wound healing goes through cycles, because humans are a brilliant species, so that's not too surprising. Just go back to cleaning them - I used contact solution because I found that was easiest, but any bottled sterile saline will work :) Fill a couple shot glasses, suction cup them to your nipples, and lay on the floor for a good 5 minutes; once or twice a day should be good! And remember to not pick at any lymph buildup, as well as to not avoid washing them in the shower (it may hurt but you gotta do it - if it's too much do it in the sink, using paper towel to avoid having stray fibers caught up).
Other options: shorter or longer bars (longer, they move too much and irritate, shorter and they are too tight and irritate. You mentioned changing the jewellery - I assume you got a different type of metal? Try and get bioplast bars - they're bendy and soft and hypoallergenic - and get them installed bya ?piercer so you minimize tissue trauma! Or try a different type of metal, and make sure it isn't coated (ie. don't buy from pretty much any store you can find in the mall!).?

Best of luck!??

Reply to Thread