New quote tattoo

I've been contemplating getting this quote tattood for years now! For anybody who is not familiar with the "The Lord of the Rings" books/movies - Frodo and Gandalf sit aside each other in the Mines of Moria before Gandalf is killed. Frodo says "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf's response is "So do all who see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." It's a quote that means the world to me, as do these genius masterpiece books/movies. I'm pleased with it!

imgurl

awesome!!!

Thank you.
Here is a better photo now that the redness has subsided:

Ahhh! Looks great!

Thank you. It's so hard not to smash my arm against things so I'm struggling with this, lol. I don't wanna mess it up!

-Ahh,very nice x I love the font of the writing x

Thanks! Picked it out myself.

I already thought about what one of my first tattoos will be

I'm really wanting to get a quote from Amanda Palmer's book The Art of Asking tattooed on my wrist. It's "Please. Believe Me. I'm Real."?

Thanks.

How much did it hurt?

Surprisingly it didn't. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 2 or 3.?

How much did it cost? Did they tell you how they determined the price?

$80.?
Each tattoo artist is different. Some charge by the hour whereas others charge simply by what color, design, complexity, size, etc. the tattoo is. Mine takes up, as you can see, the entire underside of my forearm so that's pretty much why it was $80.

Ah, I see. That's actually better than what I was expecting. I was thinking it would be past $100. I always hear people talk about how expensive they are, but they never say?how?expensive and I want one so bad.

They can be. If you're wanting something complex involving color, shading and rather large in size it WILL be expensive but if you want something cutesie and small and just black it'll be cheap.?

?

Reply to Thread