Need advice on my book

Hi everyone. I am writing a self-help book and I wanted to get some feedback. Here's a portion of my book below. Thank you in advance!
Happiness
As I sit and reflect, it was a time where I was not happy. Happiness for me looked like investing all my energy into other people to make them happy, which I thought would make me happy with myself. Sometimes, that was true, but there were other times when that wasn?t true. I thought if I made those important to me happy, then they would like me and my feelings wouldn't get hurt. I was wrong and that took a toll on me.?It took me years to learn this, but I learned that true happiness comes from within. Doing things that makes you happy is fulfilling. If going to a painting class makes you happy, do it. If being nice to someone makes you happy do it. If giving to the homeless makes you happy, do it. Whatever makes you happy, don't be afraid to actually tap into your happiness. Now is the time to take control of your life. Start now.?

Day 3:
You are in charge of your happiness. Putting your happiness first is not being selfish, it is necessary and important. If you aren't happy with yourself, then you won't be happy in life.

What does happiness look and feel like to you? What do you do to make yourself happy??________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forgiveness
As a person, my past ultimately took a toll on me. I let my past ultimately determine the type of relationships I would have and how I interacted with people. Holding on to your past for the most part is not a good thing. Eventually I realized that my past was causing me more harm than good.?I was hurt by a lot of people in my past. For so long I held grudges against those people for the pain that they had caused. I learned that I needed to be at peace with my past. Coming to peace with your past isn't easy. I had to learn to accept that it wouldn't receive apologies from people and that was okay. ?The most important thing was forgiving them for myself. Once you forgive you will feel free.

Day 4:
The only purpose your past should serve is to remind you of how far you've come and to show you that you survived. Today is a start for you to come to terms with everything from your past that has hurt you. You deserve peace.

What is at least one thing from your past, that is holding you back?____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This looks great :D
Just some minor things here and there but overall, I love the way you've written everything and the questions you add at the end are definitely something for readers to think about

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54294)