So I'm writing a story...

and i have no idea how to tell my mom that i don't want her to read it, because whenever she reads my work suddenly the whole damn story will change and it nothing like the first story.

ps does anyone know a good publisher?  I don't have lots of money , but i still want a good publisher.

Why don't you just not tell your mom? Or at least until you get it to publisher and if at all possible if you need parent permisson by all means get it just tell her the editor had to read not her. Hide your work somewhere. Sorry don't where to get good publisher.

TheScribe:and i have no idea how to tell my mom that i don't want her to read it, because whenever she reads my work suddenly the whole damn story will change and it nothing like the first story.ps does anyone know a good publisher?  I don't have lots of money , but i still want a good publisher. 

Why does the story change when your mother reads it? And in what ways generally?

To find a good publisher you will have to do your research. Majority of publishing companies these days have a website that outlines what types of work they publish and also their submission guidelines. You also have to remember that it may take a while to hear back once you submit. New submissions from unknown authors go into what is called the "slush pile" and it really isn't gone through and read unless someone has spare time or they are looking for a new writer. Submit to multiple publishers to make sure you give yourself the best opportunity of being found, but make sure you mention in your submissions that you are sending your piece out to multiple publishers (the submission guidelines for some of them will tell you if you are even allowed or not to send in a submission that has been sent somewhere else). Its a long process, but if you find the right publisher you might get lucky :)

Reply to Thread