I dare you, fight me on this

So whats up guys! I want you to do somthing for me can you do that? I want you to challenge me:D I like to be challenged! So hit with all your hard religious questions and TRY to convince me God isnt real. Beacuse he is. Go ahead convert me. Lets see what happens.

If you want a more personal apprach email me at christcenteredteengirls@gmail.com

and just so you know i am a christian. I wasnt raised to be one i wasnt raised in any religion. My grandma would take me to her 1sy presbie church but that was it. I got saved at 6 years old and am still a christian today. So im waiting...prove me wrong people. Im so tierd of the fight on here ppl are doing. Im so tired of the athists winning. So go ahead here one last one. Prove to me thAT God isnt real. I want people to have the right info wether that is my info or yours.

"IS God Real?" is actually two different questions:
1. what is God?
2. what is Reality?

The first question, "What is God?" has been extensively covered over the centuries by numeorus writers.

The second qusetion, "What is Reality?" hasn't been dealt with much. However, examining this question goes a long ways towards solving the conundrum.

There are actually two realities:
1. The reality that our brain creates for us. This is the reality we each live in.
2. The reality that's actually out there. This realty can only be detected usnig scientific instruments.
(Eyes & Ears count as scientific instruments. A radio detects radio waves which humans can't.)

Example: We see colors.
Colors don't exist in the reality of physics, there's just a continuous Electromagnetic Spectrum, waves of light at all frequencies.
Colors exist in the reality our brains create for us because our eyes have 3 different color cone receptors in them, one detects Red light, another detects
Green light, and the third detects Blue light. The combined 3 signals from the Red, Green, Blue cones go to the brain and the brain creates for us a world of color to live in, but that world of color actaully only exists in our brain.

Given these two "realities", God can be neurologially real in someone's brain, and since that is reality for them, God really does exist as far as they are concerned. And there may be many benefits to having a neurologically real God (a kind nurturing God can be beneficial; however, a spiteful vengeful God may not be as useful and may even cause damage.)

Whether or not God is in the "out there" reality which can only be detected using scientific instruments, it's not really clear what we'd be looking for, or where we should look. What readings on what instruments would be proof of God?

On the other hand, much documentation has been gathered showing a belief in God can be very beneficial to one's health both mental and physical. (Or ir can also be damaging, depending on what one's beliefs about God are.)

People also have different beliefs in God's demeanor. Some think God is vengeful, quick to anger, and meddles a lot in people's lives. Others say God is distant, caring, but doesn't interfear. Other's say God is caring and nurturnig and close.by. Young childen personify God because that's what their brains are capable of doing. Adults become capable of conceiving God to be more of a spirit, like a mirror, like the cosmos, something elusive. (Anyway this is getting back to the "What is God" half of the question which has already been extensively studied.)

That is just a guess, a hypothisis. Everything you just said has been proven wrong. What you just explained is a syfy movie not real life. I think its you who needs to check your reality. Give somthing else thats not prove more of what people think.

proof*

How about not attacking people on what they believe in, and people won't attack you on what you velieve in, mkay?

Im not. I put this on here for people WHO WANT TO CHALLENGE ME on it. I only put this on here beacuse of the people who are on here that bash christianity. They bash God. Excuse me but if your going to come on here and tell me not to "attack people" on what they belive tell that to everyone else to. So if your not here to challenge me dont be here. Beacuse that is what this specfic fourm is for. People WHO WANT TO. im not saying other religions arnt ok i have many people who are in my life who have diffrent religions. Good friends of mine. Heck i grew up in a diffrent religion besides christianity. Im sorry that you where affended what i was saying was for people who wanted to be here. And by the way, i am not judging anyone just saying fact. Its not an opinion it is THE TRUTH. if you cant handel that this fourm is not for you.

People will always attack you on what you belive in. The whole reason i started this was beacuse of the people who do attack us on here. Im standing up for them and the christians. Im telling all you people who have judged us christians on here before and anyone who belives in God TAHT YOU ARE WRONG!! Soa agien. Challenge me. I want to show you thr truth

You don't think I'll say the same thing for atheists who want to bash religion? What people believe in is what they believe in, if that makes them happy and fulfilled in life then so be it. Honestly in all of my time being here I have only noticed ONE member actually made an attempt to infiltrate religion, so I have no idea where you're getting your information from.

Since you wanna go there, where's your proof? Do you have physical proof that yes, there is indeed a supreme being that exists? If so, where is it? Is it amongst the stars? Is it on another galaxy, another multiverse? What does it do, does it craft a life for us with various channels, and whatever paths we decide to choose maps out our lives? Is it more fixed than that, where our life begins one way, and ends another, and that's it? Or does it just watch over us, with little to know intervention unless absolutely necessary, or none at all? Does it grow more powerful with our knowledge and belief, or is its power constant regardless? Is there more of them? Is thre an entire colony of these beings that are bigger, more powerful, more comprehensible than us, and they observe us as if we are ants, or is it just one? Are you able to give me an answer not involving miracles and phenomena that occur on earth, or you or someone you know hearing the voice of God himself?

Humans are amazing creatures. We've built these incredible structures with our hands, created tools, developed technology, developed new ways to undestand this world we live in, found ways to travel across it, conquer it, make use of its riches and what have you. Humans are the rulers of this planet but frankly, that's all we have.

But there is another thing we do have, and that is faith. Since the beginning this is something we had; I haven't heard of any original human colonies that didn't worship something. This was before the concept of acience came about to try to explain everything. Humans lived in much harsher elements than we do now, and when they ran low on food or shelter, and chances of survival looked bleak, they had this belief that they can make through this regardless, and they did. They had this feeling that there was something bigger than their physical being that they thanked and worshipped and didn't want to take advantage of, else it would go away. They gave this feeling a series of images, such as the Sun, the moon, animals, and even took the appearances of regalized humans. They built shrines, idols, and temples for/of it, gave it offerings and asked for blessings. They planned feasts in their honor. They created and told stories with this feeling in it to explain why there was day and night, seasons, why they exist, and why they live in a world that has good and bad. This is Faith at work, and it's something that every single human is born with.

Science is intellectual and practical activity enconpassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. It does not state things as fact unless proven to be true. It also does not deny things that have not been proven, only until they have been proven to be false. In science, there are many terms that are used, four of them being: hypothesis, theory, law, and fact.

A hypothesis is a statement about the natural world, leading to deductions that can be tested, more than once. If these deductions are incorrect, the hypothesis would prove to be false and must be abandoned or modified. Science simply would not accept, or continue to use a false hypothesis.

A fact is an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and accepted as "true." This observation is also confirmed under multiple variables.

A law is a descriptive generalization on how some aspect of the natural world behaves under stated circumstances. It's something that would be proven true, under a constant variable.

A theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses. This is an idea that we can support based on experiments and observations that have been proven true, but the idea itself cannot be proven to be true nor false. This is "the best we know so far."

If there are so many variables that we absolutely do not know in the world we live in, how can you expect us to be able to understand and, through evidence and observation, prove (not support) the existence of something as mighty, powerful and as awesome as a god?

It's something we cannot prove nor deny. We can believe it exists, but proving that it's real is far beyond our capacity. Faith and belief are wonderful things, but you can't mistake that for proof.

Actully Im glad you brought that up!:) I do have proof actully. Yes physical proof you can hold in your hand. I wouldnt come on here asking you to tell me why you think God is not real based on what I think. My proof Is...

1. When Jesus (Gods created only son) was crucified That can be proven beacuse of letters and eye whitnesses during the time. Witch many of them wherent Christain and followers of him. It is a part of history where the Romans where going and killing people with other religions and things. This is hwere you can learn about the time and place of Jesus. http://www.gotquestions.org/what-year-did-Jesus-die.html BC maens befor Christ and AD (anno domini-"in the year of our Lord") If he wasnt important...then why would periods in time be named by him?...Think about that. Jesus was out telling people the truth before he was crucified during this time. There are eye whitnesses who can prove that the things he did where acts of God. Why? Beacuse he was God. haha

2. The Bible. The Bible is our physical proof. Nothing in that book has ever been proven wrong and will never be proven wrong beacuse it is TRUE. Unlike most religions and evouloution witch things in them and maybe the whole thing has been proven wrong. What the Bible is is a big book of all the eye whitnesses of Jesus. (This is in the new testiment) The old testiment is God telling the people what was going to happen in the future and guilding us until Jesus would come down for us. If want to know more about that read genesis anout adam and eve and Matthew Mark Luke and Jhon all bout Jesus on earth from a child to a man. Jesus had forsaw the temple falling and tried to tell the people what would happen but they did nor listin. you can find that here. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+13 Historians, scientists, and other people have gone back to this exact place to determain what happened and every single person who has come back has said it was like it all just fell to the ground one day. No war had happened nothing. Just fell.

3. The eye whitnesses: Matthew, peter, Jhon, ect all of these people where his followers. Although before that they where normal men. Fishers, carpenters ect. Jesus came to them asking them to follow him and become fishers of men. Jesus called out to them, "Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people! Matt. 4:19 These knew that this was Jesus beacuse he had proven to them who he was. Here is that eye whitness proof https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2021 A blind man was healed by Jesus in the strrets. Another FACT in history beacuse of letters and such that where later found. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+9 The written proof and the action is here https://youtu.be/6LRowXe8XBU This is just a clip from a movie o what happened. These where REAL acts of God people cant understand or explain. If you think christain understand God your wrong ahah. No body can understand him. We can only see the facts and belive. You are correct that we have faith as humans I do agree with that. But we also have facts and these are just a few. There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many more things I could show you that would probably take years hahaha

4. People Today.
read this http://www.bethinking.org/is-christianity-true/from-atheism-to-christianity-a-personal-journey and then tell me what you think.

Did you read it? If you didnt go back and read it!
Okay there are MANY more people like him. There are just to many FACTS to overlook it. If you still dont belive these facts or at least want to know more about them I am sorry for you. I feel bad about the fact that you are missing out on being a follower of Jesus and the many benifts of being one. It really does hurt my heart that people dont know about all of this. PLEASE!! I BEG YOU ACTULLY CONSIDER IT!! I know what your thinking your thinking im some religious nut or somthing. I want you to know that I am no nut. I follow Jesus with all my heart and I would DIE for him any day. I would die fighting for him and with my last dieing breath I would tell the killer he is forgiven. I wouldnt do this for somthing that is a myth or somthing that people just hold on to beacuse they need some faith and stabibility in thier lives.
?

I belive this beacuse I HAVE SEEN HIM. Now im not saying ive seen him with my eyes right in front of me or anything. I mean the Bible says Jesus is love, forgiveness, sacrifice ect. I see him when a little girl goes up to a lonly kid and invites him to eat with her. I see him when somebody does the untikable to some one else and that person forgives them. This is what we mean when we see Jesus. I see him in other people who have decided to accept that he is real and ask him to guild there lives. I can assure you if you choose him to always be there for you, you wont regret it. He will make you brave, kind, loyal, generous, loving, forgiving, and much more. Im not saying you dont have these traits already he will just make them better. You see we as people all have diffrent traits from God. You know those people who always have joy, give to others ect all of these come from God. He says we are made in his image. What he means is that we all have charicteristics that come from him. Just like you may have blue eyes from your parents, or you got your moms nice smile. same thing. I will say this agien ONE LAST TIME. I DID NOT COME ON HERE TO MAKE ANYONE FEEL BAD. IF YOU HAD READ MY PREVIOUS COMMENTS WITH OTHER PEOPLE YOU WOULD SEE. I AM HERE AS A FRIEND TO YOU TRYING TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU COULD HAVE. I ADMIT I WAS MAD AT FRIST BEACUSE OF ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DISS PEOPLE WHO BELIVE IN GOD. SO i see how i cam off strong. I apoligize to anyone i may have offended. This was my goal right here. this is just some PROOF that he is real. accept it? then all you have to o is ask God to guild your life now. feeling lost? alone? confused? scared? go to him. and he will help you when you have no one. Decide to follow God and you will not regret it.

So what now? I win?:)

Is that your whole point to making this post? Winning?

Not giving any regards to people who believe differently, or who want to be the best human they can possibly be in this life?

Let me remind you that there have been, and there are, very evil people who have done malicious things in the name of religion.

You say you didn't come here to judge or to make people feel bad. Guess what? You are, and you have.

You're tired of atheists who try make it a point for people to feel stupid because they believe otherwise? Well guess what? You're doing it.

In all honesty, even with all of what you've posted, just proves that the concept of religion is a theory, at best.

You did not come here as a friend and you are judging. You're pushing your beliefs onto others and all you want is to be right. That is not what a good Christian does. A good Christian would try to inform others about their religion, and leave them alone if the other party wasn't interested, not fight them on it.?

My point exactly

Okay first of all there is no such thing as a good christain. I have never and will never sya that I am a good christian beacuse I am not. I am not judgeing anyone. You see You came on here to fight me. Prove to me that God is not real. By doing that you have entered this place and can NOT say that I am judgeing cuz I am not I am giving fact. Please tell me how have I proven religion is Just a therory? There are actual FACTS that These things happened and I showed them here. So...I dont see how it is a therory. I am not here to win. I said that indicateing that the fight was over. I proved that God is real. No more said. It is OVER he is real and I wanted to show you guys that. That is why I did this. If I was pushing my faith on you I would say "God is real so need to follow him. You have no choice now!" No I only proved a point. You can choose to follow or not. Are you saying that you would rather not know the truth? you would rather be lied to? Okay...then countined to be lied to and belive it I DONT CARE.

Yeah you're not doing a good job at this whole "I'm not attacking anyone!" thing.

I don't care if someone believes in God or not. If you do, great! If you don't, great! I choose not to. But the way you're going about this isn't helping you one bit.

"So what now? I win?:)"
"I am not here to win."

Clearly you are.

You were the one who came for a fight. It says so on the title of your thread. You practically begged for it.

Everything I've said did not completely knock down that there can't be a higher power that exists. Just that with us being mere humans, knowing what we know on earth. For that reason, no one can really prove It doesn't exist just as much as someone can't prove It does.

How is it a theory? Easy.
"Are you able to give me an answer not involving miracles and phenomena that occur on earth, or you or someone you know hearing the voice of God himself?"

You either didn't bother to answer that question, or your answer is an obvious "no."

What you just described were multiple observations that support the idea of its existence, hence what a theory is. But obviously if someone could prove to a mass of people that "hey look! We found God! He's lives right over..." etc. Then it would officially be considered "fact." But of course, I don't need to tell you why that should never be.

As far as your physical proofs go: yeah Jesus was real. So was Mohammed and Moses. So are you saying you won't hear their words just as truely?

The Bible is arguably the most famous book to exist. It is also a very old book that has gone through multiple translations in its lifetime, which compromises its original meaning. Also, pages of the book have been torn up and buried under the catacombs of Vatican City. And it's a book that always has been learned by paraphrasing. Each individual person will find their own meaning behind each word.

Just based off what I already know, and what has already been mentioned in this post (even what you said and linked) is that God must be something that's inside us all. If that's the case, then it's up to the individual to tap into that and see it for themselves. That means that no one else can prove, or disprove them otherwise, until/once they find their own personal proof. Likewise, someone who has found their personal proof cannot prove to someone else that hasn't found it yet, because that's up to the individual.

You have found your personal proof. I have (already) found my personal proof. I can talk about it and share my experiences with others, but I never go about it in a sense of "yes! God is indeed real, and you are a fool for believing otherwise!" because That's something they haven't experienced unless they experience it for themselves.

Point is: you may have found your personal proof, and you may give out all of these observations that occured on Earth and share stories of all of these people who have found their own original proof and seen or heard God, but all of that won't trigger someone else's personal proof. That won't prove or mean anything to them otherwise.

OmgItsRira:"So what now? I win?:)"
"I am not here to win."Clearly you are.You were the one who came for a fight. It says so on the title of your thread. You practically begged for it.Everything I've said did not completely knock down that there can't be a higher power that exists. Just that with us being mere humans, knowing what we know on earth. For that reason, no one can really prove It doesn't exist just as much as someone can't prove It does.How is it a theory? Easy.
"Are you able to give me an answer not involving miracles and phenomena that occur on earth, or you or someone you know hearing the voice of God himself?"You either didn't bother to answer that question, or your answer is an obvious "no."What you just described were multiple observations that support the idea of its existence, hence what a theory is. But obviously if someone could prove to a mass of people that "hey look! We found God! He's lives right over..." etc. Then it would officially be considered "fact." But of course, I don't need to tell you why that should never be.As far as your physical proofs go: yeah Jesus was real. So was Mohammed and Moses. So are you saying you won't hear their words just as truely?The Bible is arguably the most famous book to exist. It is also a very old book that has gone through multiple translations in its lifetime, which compromises its original meaning. Also, pages of the book have been torn up and buried under the catacombs of Vatican City. And it's a book that always has been learned by paraphrasing. Each individual person will find their own meaning behind each word.Just based off what I already know, and what has already been mentioned in this post (even what you said and linked) is that God must be something that's inside us all. If that's the case, then it's up to the individual to tap into that and see it for themselves. That means that no one else can prove, or disprove them otherwise, until/once they find their own personal proof. Likewise, someone who has found their personal proof cannot prove to someone else that hasn't found it yet, because that's up to the individual.You have found your personal proof. I have (already) found my personal proof. I can talk about it and share my experiences with others, but I never go about it in a sense of "yes! God is indeed real, and you are a fool for believing otherwise!" because That's something they haven't experienced unless they experience it for themselves.Point is: you may have found your personal proof, and you may give out all of these observations that occured on Earth and share stories of all of these people who have found their own original proof and seen or heard God, but all of that won't trigger someone else's personal proof. That won't prove or mean anything to them otherwise.?

On point

Going to the question what is God? ?Why is God a he? ?Is there a y chromosome involved? ?Is there a penis? ?Which begs the question, if so, is it used?

My point is that if God exists, it is beyodn the concept of our minds.

Which was the point I was trying to make. Humans are incredible beings, but there's only so much that even we can, or are even meant to, comprehend. So trying to prove to the masses what's beyond comprehensible is, you could say, redundant. We barely have a grasp on how Earth works.

Also God is typically portrayed as He because of patriarchal customs and courtesies.

It says in his word man cannot know the ways of god ,he's above our pay grade ,haha but seriously, do you know he calls our thoughts ?vanity ( that's just how foolish we can be) ,because that's how much deeper he thinks we can't understand him he doesn't even think like us (imagine a super genius).

and he knew many would use the excuse "I don't see god,he doesn't do this and that" says it in the bible .says "many" would actually,but he crushes all that, every angle nonbelievers come from he's corrected if you read ,he knew what y'all would say .

thats why some say doubt is the biggest sin .?

You dont need to see god just like don't need to see air,to need it .

he tells you to choose who you'll believe (makes sense to me)

all I know is god says he knew me before I was even born (crazy right ),
I'd rather know for sure than be sorry .

undefined:
undefined

Ok, but you can test for air and you know it's there and the chemical makeup of it, what percentage is oxygen, nitrogen, etc

Like, we can't understand why God did things the way he did, but it doesn't make sense at all. If all you want is to share the love of your creation, why not create beings and put them in heaven? If you love them and send them to hell that's...pretty f*cked up. What's worse is that good people would go to hell because they doubt the existence of a God who refuses to give outright proof for reasons we've been told we can't comprehend. It doesn't make sense to my little human brain. If God knew it wouldn't, why wouldn't he create an explanation? Why wouldn't he, being all-powerful, create beings capable of understand that or -- better yet -- show himself to us, prove his existence?

If you look at it -- there's a place you go if you don't follow Christianity, where you are forever tortured, but the place you go if you do is the exact extreme polar opposite, pure love and happiness and safety -- it looks like a human-made concept. It looks like something humans made to gain followers, not the way an all-powerful being would show their existence. It's so vague, the way it's done, just a little book and you're supposed to blindly follow it, despite plenty of other explanations...

It feels like superstition to me, that's all. And Christianity did arise during a time when things which could not be scientifically explained (like why it rains) with their tech was explained with superstition...so I think religion is just how we try to explain things we are not scientifically advanced enough to understand yet.

But hey, if that's your belief, you go, girl. I'm not trying to change yours; just trying to show you the other side of the argument; why some of us aren't religious. Take care:)

Dang... Quite determined aren't you? I can't challenge you though. I'm a Christian.

Anyway I am done now You all can waste you time on this. I have made my point and thats What I sat out to do. But I will not be coming back on here

I might bite...maybe tommorow lol

Reply to Thread