Uh, can you not?... (why so mean?)

I'm a Jehovah's Witness and before you spur out a bunch of nonsense about things that we don't actually do, please keep in mind:
We are human: This means we will make mistakes.  Haven't you?  (Don't lie, you're not Jesus I know you have.)
We all have different opinions: Not we're not robots, or Spock with a very generic attitude.
Our Parents arn't evil or abuse: Just like some parents in the world, there are some people who just weren't meant to be parents.  
Our children are not forced to go and do stuff for our God: Yes, our parents might get angry a little, but we're not forced. Same goes for if we don't want to do homework; you don't do it, you will get into a little trouble, but you're not going to be forced, unless you have that type of parent that will.
We do believe in Jesus, but not the Trinity: God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost being the same person?...Uh, no.
We don't knock on your doors at 6:00 in the morning: Let's be honest. We socialize so much that we will probably lounge around just talking for 30 mins, go eat breakfast for an hour and knock at you door, by 10.  Who's not awake by 10?

These are just some rumors, please don't believe everything you hear or see.

The only thing I know about Jehovah's Witnesses is they knock on your door to tell you about God and Jehovah is Gods name thats about it. One time when my sister and I were staying at my grandmas we all went and hid in the other room when they came to the door though I think the tv was still on so it was obvious but ye. Just because you don't go knocking on doors at 6 doesn't mean not all Jehovah's Witnesses don't. Also unless I have to work that early I don't get up at 10. On my days off I sleep at my boyfriends and we generally sleep until at least 1 pm and that is when he has to get up to go to work. So A lot of people aren't awake by 10. Oh and like any religion you aren't necessarily forced but you are brainwashed from the time you are born and you are guilted into staying with it even if you start to think differently as you don't want to dissapoint your parents etc. 

scuzz:The only thing I know about Jehovah's Witnesses is they knock on your door to tell you about God and Jehovah is Gods name thats about it. One time when my sister and I were staying at my grandmas we all went and hid in the other room when they came to the door though I think the tv was still on so it was obvious but ye. Just because you don't go knocking on doors at 6 doesn't mean not all Jehovah's Witnesses don't. Also unless I have to work that early I don't get up at 10. On my days off I sleep at my boyfriends and we generally sleep until at least 1 pm and that is when he has to get up to go to work. So A lot of people aren't awake by 10. Oh and like any religion you aren't necessarily forced but you are brainwashed from the time you are born and you are guilted into staying with it even if you start to think differently as you don't want to dissapoint your parents etc.  

^THIS. Anyway, my views on Jehovah's Witnesses are really not positive, just because I think they're less respectfully religious and more of a cult. In general, the behaviour of the Jehovah's Witnesses are very contradictory with Christianity- although they believe in God, they disregard half the bible, including the resurrection of Jesus and the Holy Trinity. And also, and I'm just going by what I've heard, people born into the Jehovah's Witnesses are generally shunned if they don't comply with the cult- kind of like peer pressure, when you're cast out if you don't comply with norms. The cult is not only irregular, it's dangerous and can be unlawful. There have been several court cases surrounding their practices, if you look them up. You might be in an area where the practices are more mild, but I'll you'll find that in general there are several problems surrounding the cult that you might have escaped.

Note: Spock's attitude is not generic. Have you even seen Star Trek? He's probably the most interesting character on the show.

~Fox

scuzz:The only thing I know about Jehovah's Witnesses is they knock on your door to tell you about God and Jehovah is Gods name thats about it. One time when my sister and I were staying at my grandmas we all went and hid in the other room when they came to the door though I think the tv was still on so it was obvious but ye. Just because you don't go knocking on doors at 6 doesn't mean not all Jehovah's Witnesses don't. Also unless I have to work that early I don't get up at 10. On my days off I sleep at my boyfriends and we generally sleep until at least 1 pm and that is when he has to get up to go to work. So A lot of people aren't awake by 10. Oh and like any religion you aren't necessarily forced but you are brainwashed from the time you are born and you are guilted into staying with it even if you start to think differently as you don't want to dissapoint your parents etc.  

Um, you sound a lot more brainwashed than I.  Like, what the heck do you do all day long?  Who sleeps for that long?  Is it like a hibernation period or something.  (And theoretically speaking, children naturally have very good intuition about morale and things with "good vibes" and if I accepted it as a child, it means it was good and just.  Unlike some of the things I've seen in the world it was nice and comforting and welcoming.  Can't same the same for the girl who's dad raped her and said satan told him to enjoy his life.)

foxcrafting:

^THIS. Anyway, my views on Jehovah's Witnesses are really not positive, just because I think they're less respectfully religious and more of a cult. In general, the behaviour of the Jehovah's Witnesses are very contradictory with Christianity- although they believe in God, they disregard half the bible, including the resurrection of Jesus and the Holy Trinity. And also, and I'm just going by what I've heard, people born into the Jehovah's Witnesses are generally shunned if they don't comply with the cult- kind of like peer pressure, when you're cast out if you don't comply with norms. The cult is not only irregular, it's dangerous and can be unlawful. There have been several court cases surrounding their practices, if you look them up. You might be in an area where the practices are more mild, but I'll you'll find that in general there are several problems surrounding the cult that you might have escaped.Note: Spock's attitude is not generic. Have you even seen Star Trek? He's probably the most interesting character on the show.~Fox 

For goodness sake, three people in one body does not make any sense! and so no we don't believe in that. and we actually read our bible so excuse you. Don't slang words out your mouth if you don't trully know what your talking about.

TheScribe:

foxcrafting:

^THIS. Anyway, my views on Jehovah's Witnesses are really not positive, just because I think they're less respectfully religious and more of a cult. In general, the behaviour of the Jehovah's Witnesses are very contradictory with Christianity- although they believe in God, they disregard half the bible, including the resurrection of Jesus and the Holy Trinity. And also, and I'm just going by what I've heard, people born into the Jehovah's Witnesses are generally shunned if they don't comply with the cult- kind of like peer pressure, when you're cast out if you don't comply with norms. The cult is not only irregular, it's dangerous and can be unlawful. There have been several court cases surrounding their practices, if you look them up. You might be in an area where the practices are more mild, but I'll you'll find that in general there are several problems surrounding the cult that you might have escaped.Note: Spock's attitude is not generic. Have you even seen Star Trek? He's probably the most interesting character on the show.~Fox 

For goodness sake, three people in one body does not make any sense! and so no we don't believe in that. and we actually read our bible so excuse you. Don't slang words out your mouth if you don't trully know what your talking about. 

Half of what's in the bible doesn't make sense. I mean, God (magical guy in the sky who creates everything) and Jesus (resurrecting the dead and walking on water) don't make sense, but people still believe in that. And I didn't say you didn't read the bible, I said that Jehovah's Witnesses IN GENERAL don't believe in many things in the bible that Christians do. If you're going to believe in something, why be in it halfway? 

Um, you sound a lot more brainwashed than I.  Like, what the heck do you do all day long?  Who sleeps for that long?  Is it like a hibernation period or something.  (And theoretically speaking, children naturally have very good intuition about morale and things with "good vibes" and if I accepted it as a child, it means it was good and just.  Unlike some of the things I've seen in the world it was nice and comforting and welcoming.  Can't same the same for the girl who's dad raped her and said satan told him to enjoy his life.)

I don't know how I came off as brainwashed in that post but alright. I work most of the time and do house work and other grown up stuff etc. I never said I slept for long I said we sleep until 1. My boyfriend works 2nd shift (3-11) so he wakes up an hour before he has to leave for work and then stays up most of the night as in he normally doesn't go to bed until 4-6 am. When I get the day off I like to sleep in though who doesn't? The other day I slept for 13 hours over a 14 hour period because for 4-5 days straight I was getting 5 hours a sleep at night while working 9 hour shifts. Everything your parents tell you at a young age is good anything any adult tells you at a young age is good or at least believeable that is why we believe in santa, the easter bunny, leperachauns, monsters, etc. Playing ostrich and sticking your head in the ground is comforting. Also satan is just a by product of religion so any fucked up thing any devil worshiper has ever done in the name of satan can be blamed on religion and religious people and believers etc. Sure people hopped up on drugs and or messed up in the head with heated emotions even without religion around would do some messed up things but it wouldn't be in the name of satan.

foxcrafting:

TheScribe:

foxcrafting:

Half of what's in the bible doesn't make sense. I mean, God (magical guy in the sky who creates everything) and Jesus (resurrecting the dead and walking on water) don't make sense, but people still believe in that. And I didn't say you didn't read the bible, I said that Jehovah's Witnesses IN GENERAL don't believe in many things in the bible that Christians do. If you're going to believe in something, why be in it halfway?  

Magical guy in the sky?....wow that was....just wow.  I don't believe in what Christians believe in because the believe in what they want to believe in.  The bible says a lot more than just what chistians decide to believe.  So why be in it halfway?  I think your asking the wrong person.

I think there are going to be misconceptions about any and every religion. I don't know enough about Jehova's Witnesses to have a conception about them. The only notable Jehova's Witness who was a celebrity (to my knowledge) was Selena Quintanilla.

For the record, I'm not referring to Selena Gomez.

disneyprincess:I think there are going to be misconceptions about any and every religion. I don't know enough about Jehova's Witnesses to have a conception about them. The only notable Jehova's Witness who was a celebrity (to my knowledge) was Selena Quintanilla.For the record, I'm not referring to Selena Gomez. 

Her and actually Prince, and Micheal Jackson before he made the song Thriller.

disneyprincess:I think there are going to be misconceptions about any and every religion. I don't know enough about Jehova's Witnesses to have a conception about them. The only notable Jehova's Witness who was a celebrity (to my knowledge) was Selena Quintanilla.For the record, I'm not referring to Selena Gomez. 

Her and actually Prince, and Micheal Jackson before he made the song Thriller.

Reply to Thread