Thinking about converting to Wiccan

So sometime late last year, early this year, I heard about a religion called Wiccan. I wondered if it was anything like they say in the movies/books (Satan snd Hexes!) and discovered that I couldn't have been more wrong. I love the philosophy and their way of how the Universe works. And I always believed in karma and the flow of energy and magick in the universe. So after doing some reasearch, I decided I'd convert from Catholic to Wiccan.Catholicism is basically Christianity (I've been going to CAtholic schools my whole life and I honestly cant tell the difference) and find that it was really oppresive. Especially to someone who could be bisexual. But the problems are a) I have no idea where to start or where to go for supplies and stuff and b) I don't think my mom would like me being Wiccan. I once told her I practice a little of Buddhism and she said she's totally fine with it but that I ALWAYS have to love Jebus (Jesus, I just like saying Jebus). I'm pretty sure my dads an athiest or agnostic and my sister probably doesn't care. 

So any advice from the Wiccan community? It would be much appreciated (Did I word that right? I have awful grammar skills).

I think one of the best books to start off with is called, "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner" by Scott Cunningham.  As far as supplies and things of that nature, I would do a google search for "Metaphysical shops" in your area and see what you can find.  If you don't see anything, there are plenty fo online forums and groups that I'm sure would be able to point you in the right direction of where to find things and what else to read.  There are also lots of onlne sites that sell their own wiccan and pagan items for people who don't have shops available close by.  :)

Thanks!

Reply to Thread