Christian view on masturbation

Does masturbation violate the Christian view of no sex before marriage? I don't do it, but it's something that'd be awkward to ask a pastor or anyone.

no it doesn't, and i am a Christian as well but I don't believe that sex before marriage is a 'sin', whether the bible says it does or not

Masturbation is healthy for you. Enjoy yourself.

I believe that Masturbating is not sex. I don't believe it's not a sin. But everyone has different 
opinions about that.

Hi Doctor Jone, your question is a question that many have confused, with being ok because the world /media puts it out to be ok. so my 1st question to you is what is the purpose of our  sexual orgins, the penis/ vagina?

I think you should read up on some articles depending on your religion. 
I found a couple of links on Roman Catholic teachings on it. I found interesting information, but I also personally believe no one should feel bad about it.

I  am Christian and have had the same issues. I first started masturbating at 13 and have done so ever since. At first I thought it was wrong, but I'm starting to understand that it is ok now. The Bible does not really mention it as a sin. Masturbation removes stress and just feels so good!. Masturbate can keep us from, wanting sex before married as well. I will pray for you tonight.

technically according to the word, YES MASTURBATION AND ALL LUSTFUL THOUGHTS ARE SINS. THIS is why I am not longer a Christian. Because no little girl should have SCARE TACTICS and be FORCED to FEEL GUILTY for natural things. 

disneyprincess:I think you should read up on some articles depending on your religion. 
I found a couple of links on Roman Catholic teachings on it. I found interesting information, but I also personally believe no one should feel bad about it. 

This is really helpful. I'm Catholic and struggle with masturbation. I enjoy it, but I'm trying to cut down and establish self-control.

DoctorJones2000:Does masturbation violate the Christian view of no sex before marriage? I don't do it, but it's something that'd be awkward to ask a pastor or anyone. 

I once felt like you are. I did speak to a Christian youth leader abput it.  Her responce was that it is not offensive as long as performed in private.  She said it was a way to stay on the path of virtue.

According to thhe Bible male masturbation is wrong because it wastes seed for procreation.

Rayne:According to thhe Bible male masturbation is wrong because it wastes seed for procreation. 

It doesn't actually say that. If you're talking about the story of Onan God didn't kill him because he wasted his seed, God killed him because he disobeyed and refused to impregnate his brothers widow like God commanded him to do

When I was in Christian summercamp, the year I was 12 they discussed bidy awareness, a form of sex ed, and Purity Pledges with th 12 year olds.  
The Chritan leader who was a college girl said mstrbationwas fine as lond itt was kept private such as a private party yourself.   She said it was not a discussion tobe hadin public but offered a private session with anyone.  There she told me about her experiances and methods going into th womans body in mre detail.  In addition she said it was a way to discover our bodies more intimately and would be helpful in mairrage. She still wore a Purity Ring.   /But she did emphasize it wasa private personal thing and to be kept tthat way.

No it doesn't violate any christian principal at all! Its totally natural

A lot of people debate this even so called religious experts .But I don't know if it'll ever be something you don't kinda feel weird about .i do know now you shouldn't discuss it publicly or make it crude,better kept private.

Yes, it is banned. Which is rediculous. Masturbation is fun, safe and healthy.?

I don't think touching yourself in a certain place is any worse than touching yourself somewhere else. It's healthy and normal.

Matthew 5:28 says?"But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart." I?think that applies to premarital sex too. So, lustful thoughts aren't encouraged, but there's no harm in exploring and enjoying your physical body.

Reply to Thread