Is it possible to be God's freind?

Many believe that they are freinds of God, but can you really be Gods freind? Does God have requirements to being his freind?
What makes you believe that you are God's freind?

Ps. all discussion is exactly what it is ... discussion all view points are respected and should be respected , If you have a problem with a view point then please feel free to take your convesation else where. 

Thank you.... Please have fun conversing.

I believe I'm God friend, their no requiements on being God friends, we are all his children and he loves us all, he would stand by are side, he is always watching us to help us out! He wants us to be good, happy, and what is best for us! The things we face in life is just a test to get us ready for the future God has plan for us.

Taebadass: I appreciate your honesty and your want for spirtual closenmess with God.  If I could I like to share something with you from the Bible, because it is important to you get God'  views on the situation.  In the Bible there are many who were considered Gods freind. But before we get into who God deems as his freind, its important to Identify, that fact that God Does have requirements , .

Starting with Adam and Eve. From the very beginning. God gave Adam and later Eve instructions, these instructions were contingent/a requirement to staying alive.  At Gen 4:3 Eve Quoted  God to the serpent, as to what they were allowed and not allowed to do. "But God had said about the Fruit of the tree , that is in the middle of Garden' you must not eat from it, no you must not touch,it, other wise you will die'  However Eve was decieved and at the fruit, Ignoring what God himself had said about his requirement to live. 

Think of it in this way.Say you want to go to a party. you ask your parents and they say, " you have to do A,B AND C  to go to this party. what is that called?

wittyBee26:Taebadass: I appreciate your honesty and your want for spirtual closenmess with God.  If I could I like to share something with you from the Bible, because it is important to you get God'  views on the situation.  In the Bible there are many who were considered Gods freind. But before we get into who God deems as his freind, its important to Identify, that fact that God Does have requirements , .Starting with Adam and Eve. From the very beginning. God gave Adam and later Eve instructions, these instructions were contingent/a requirement to staying alive.  At Gen 4:3 Eve Quoted  God to the serpent, as to what they were allowed and not allowed to do. "But God had said about the Fruit of the tree , that is in the middle of Garden' you must not eat from it, no you must not touch,it, other wise you will die'  However Eve was decieved and at the fruit, Ignoring what God himself had said about his requirement to live. Think of it in this way.Say you want to go to a party. you ask your parents and they say, " you have to do A,B AND C  to go to this party. what is that called?  

Well they must follow God of course and love him! They also must listen to him since he is are father! Well I'll do what my parents want me to do before I go to the party, I must listen to them since they are my parents anyway. Since God is my father also I'll listen to him and love him!

Taebadnass:  Thank you for responding.
yes those people did love God as you do with your parents, aswell as God however. if your parents told you to do something before you went to a party, or better yet, in order to pass on to the next level grade. do you have to meet certain requirments?

wittyBee26:Taebadnass:  Thank you for responding.
yes those people did love God as you do with your parents, aswell as God however. if your parents told you to do something before you went to a party, or better yet, in order to pass on to the next level grade. do you have to meet certain requirments? 

Your Welcome!
Well yes I do have to meet a certain requirement, but you must work hard towards it, God will help you but you must also work towards it so God can make it possible right?

Taebadass: Absolutely! God can help you meet those requirements. How do you think he does that? for the answer think of it in this since, say your parents died, which I hope doesn't happen anytime soon, but say in the example they did.  Before they died, they left you a letter with instructions inorder for you to recieve a reward they left for you. your parents left a guide  so that you could without a doubt get that reward. so thinking about this situation, how does God help us to meet his requirements?, where can we go find out what his requirements are and how we can meet them?  

Example, are you familiar with the Story of Noah?

wittyBee26:Taebadass: Absolutely! God can help you meet those requirements. How do you think he does that? for the answer think of it in this since, say your parents died, which I hope doesn't happen anytime soon, but say in the example they did.  Before they died, they left you a letter with instructions inorder for you to recieve a reward they left for you. your parents left a guide  so that you could without a doubt get that reward. so thinking about this situation, how does God help us to meet his requirements?, where can we go find out what his requirements are and how we can meet them?  Example, are you familiar with the Story of Noah? 

We wouldnt exactly know are requirement but he will put people in are life that does! For example I learned once that you have to  3 angels that God sent down to protect you and help you! Its your mom, dad, and your guarden angel! Those people will also help us meet them and God will help you on the way to your goal.
No I'm sorry but no I'm not

Taebadass, I apologize for not responding sooner, work has a been a killer. but according to last post, yes your parents are there to protect to certain point.  but lets back for a second to the example I gave you, with your parents writing you a letter. 

Lets keep in mind that in the letter, your parents tell you EXACTLY what you need to do in order to get that reward. like your parents, because God wants is our ultimate parent, would he not give us clear direction, so that we could succeed? 

Lets examine a scripture James 4:8: Draw close to God and he will Draw close to you". well how do you draw Close to God? 1John 5:3 tells us, This is what the love of God means, that we oberve his commandments and yet his commmandments are not burdensome". 
So now the question is, how and where do we observe God's commands? 

Yes i believe it is! with a lot of hardwork

Reply to Thread